GSR HX35 Turbo?

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
I just purchased the latest fast car and in the rated section, theres a turbo designed and manufactured by a uk company,

the HX35, just wondered if anybody has had/heard/or bolted one on a 1.8T? Quite Intrigued, they rrp at £450, obviousley without any bolt on's like oil lines etc etc.

The Spec says the turbo is desgined for 1.6 - 5.0 litre engines and comes in hard low down ans will take 600bhp?

www.g-s-racing.com

Cheers Guys :)

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
Has anybody fitted a GSR HX35 to their mk3 cupra?

Seen them and seem quite intrigued in the performance,

i was thinking about going KO3s but, seen as though these seem to retail for £450??

i know i would need a different manifold and oil lines etc....

so has anybody?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
A lot of people are goin for Holset turbos on Vortex, check them out.

And that turbo vs. a k03s is like night and day, you'll need a lot more than a turbo, manifold and oil lines.

It'll probably bend a rod, kill your clutch and ruin other things that havent been uprated.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
1.6-5.0 engine size range

lol

c'mon, at what rpm do you think the 1.8 engine will need to start to spool a turbo with this range, and will want to rev to a very high level once its eventually started spooling

holset are diesel truck turbos generally

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
i know it would be need alot of internal upgrades etc, but just havent heard of them before

i dont know if looking at their site they used be called holset when you do internet searchs holset comes up quite often.

what you looking at for forged internals? and other mods to take this much power?

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Your most probably looking at 5+k worth of parts before you've started any fitting, and then you'll need custom mapping etc as well. for 600hp your looking at rods, pistons, valves, manifolds, injectors, bolts, fmic, turbo back and lots of other little bits which will all add up. If you want someone to fit it for you it won't be cheap. Once youv'e got it all fitted you then need someone to map it. Oh and thats just got your power out of your engine, your clutch and gearbox will then shortly self destruct if standard.

Last edited:

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
yeah agreed, so muchos expensive be interesting to see if someone did decide to run this setup?

so looking at IHI will be half the price?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
To fit this turbo with internals, uprated clutch+fly etc etc etc to have it all done properly I recon your are talking £5k easy and it would drive crap imo. Like Bill says 600bhp on a 1.8t would take an age to spool and once it was there you would be pretty much out of revs even if you went up to a 9k limit.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
IHI wouldnt be half the price. £3k minimum depending on supporting mods for a nice reliable set up. Thats with mostly new parts and spannering yourself. If not add another £1k at least. If you want more power on a budget of around £2-2.5k go hybrid k03. Its much simpler.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I think bill's ihi conversions used to come with budgeting for £4k whether thats gone up or not im not sure. ihi is cheaper due to not needing internals. The thing is if you want power you've got to pay for it. Is this car gonna be a daily driver?

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
I think bill's ihi conversions used to come with budgeting for £4k whether thats gone up or not im not sure. ihi is cheaper due to not needing internals. The thing is if you want power you've got to pay for it. Is this car gonna be a daily driver?

yeah will be my daily,

but think whether its just worth while, selling going up to a LCR and getting bigger power that way, and a newer motor?

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
If it's a daily i'd only be going hybrid ko3. The lcr will be the same engine at the end of the day just different parts on it when you start building. Depends if you want the extra weight of a LCR.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.