H7 bulb question (not HID/xenon)

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Anyone tried regular H7 bulbs with increased power?
Like the Phillips X-treme Power 80+ or the Osram NightBreaker 90+?
As xenon is not legal here in Hungary I need something like them.

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I have nightbreakers, there is definitely more light than a normal bulb.
I don't know if they last as long as normal bulbs, but I would certainly use them again.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
There was a group test ages ago (couple of years) and I bought Phillips things, think they were +80% and I thought they were really good. White and more light.

Got Halfauds expensive ones, not impressed but had one out with a night drive that day so no choice.

Incidentally, which way do the bulbs go? Is it with that little tabe thing upwards?

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
They are pretty much the same colour as a normal bulb, you don't get that nice white or bluey light that the xenons give off.

They are a cheapish easy way of laying more light on the road!

nick9one1

Feb 14, 2010
Grimsby
I had blue 100w's in my old Puma. Just cheap ones from eBay and they were really good. very blue and very bright. I only had them in the full beam though.

My garage has told me that they have had to replace a few light clusters because of melting though!

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
You can't really go wrong mate, the bulbs won't sit straight unless they are fitted properly :)

That's what I thought, just when my TDI went for it's MOT they said I'd put one in upside down. Didn't fancy making the same mistake with the R.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise