Half F2 rally car half road car - Ibiza 16v

Nick2008

Onvi tdi-cupra r wannabe!
Aug 22, 2008
gloucestershire
Awesome! I went and viewed this when it was for sale at a seat dealership near me a few years ago, I think I started a thread about it, can't remember how much they wanted but I remember thinking it was quite a lot for a car which is effectively a show piece, doesn't matter though because its super cool, any progress on it?

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Wow - thought I'd dig this thread up!

I still have this and in fact I would like to sell it soon so expect an add to appear in the not to distant future.

Plans to morph 2 into 1 have been put on hold and now seem not likely to happen.

DC

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
If I had the space I would love to have this but sadly only got a single garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sionlad

May 11, 2016
Im very interested in this car is it for sale?,and do you have a price,the real full works one lives down the road from me :) cheers

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
OK - let me know if it's possible.

I've a bit of a desire for a tidy Mk2, with the fibreglass panels & kit from Poland

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
OK - Checked with the DVLA and it is registered on a V plate - Red Ibiza Gti 16v Cupra Sport.

Its a case of applying for a V5 to register in my (or the new owners) name as the first owner.

No previous owners!

Date of first registration: 29 September 1999
Tax due: 01 March 2000
MOT: No details held by DVLA (I presume as it has never had/needed an MOT)
Current owner/keeper acquired on: N/A
Number of previous owners/keepers: 0

Hmmm - the number of 16v's registered could swell by 1

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Thought I'd update you all on how the cars going. Its been stored for a fair while but recently I've given it some love and TLC to get it back to its former glory. I also took it to INTERS2017 at Rockingham which was great to see it out there again - even if it left people bemused! - Sadly though the time has come to sell. Heres some images that are definitely a contrast to when I first got it.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.