halfords wiper blades

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
anyone tried "halfords easy fit wiper blades - set 26" allegedly for the Leon...the clip on the actual blade seems totally different to the original one and no matter how i try it wont click into place....im not paying for fitting out of prinicipal but wiper blades should be easy!!!

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
have you got a picture of the connector? Halfords introduced a lovely new fitting clip a while back and it is a bit strange, its hard to explain as well but it goes over the top and then slides in.

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
ill try and take one, but your description sounds like the little beauty!! why change? and how do i clip it in!

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
you stick the clip up say 90 degrees to the blade slide it down over the clip and then back up into the clip, you can then rotate the clip back down securing it in place

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
doesnt really make sense lol but guessing its hard to explain! might attempt a go tomorrow when its light again! :(

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
yeah its hard, I used to work in halfords thats the only reason i know :s

The amount of people that have difficulty fitting these is unbelievable and the amount of people coming back in saying they've been given the wrong blade, theres no where it'll fit blah blah blah, after fitting it in 5 seconds the look on their faces is priceless. It's just one of those things...once you know how its easy

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
lol guess its easy when you know how! im guessing ive not been sold the wrong blades then....guess ill have another go tomorrow or something then!

will they click in to place and not move about, when fitted properly?

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
you stick the clip up say 90 degrees to the blade slide it down over the clip and then back up into the clip, you can then rotate the clip back down securing it in place

that worked a charm! stupidest fitting ever lol!!

thanks v.much!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.