Hankook RS2 tyres

JMP

May 27, 2004
Has anyone used Hankook RS2 tyres, any comments? Im considering these as Toyo R1R is so bloody expensive and I think these might be stickier then the forum favourite Eagle F1 assy's. Any other good tyre alternative to have great dry straight line traction?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Found them good in the dry, but the last trackday where it was cold and damp, they were absolutely shocking.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
How much are they?

Remember you might be short this month but if you have paid out all that cash for a lovely car, which is you pride and joy don't skimp on the most important things like tyres, they make the ride enjoyable and the drive fantastic and finally keeps you on the road.

Cheap tyres = Accidents.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
try tyrereview.co.uk, just looked them up and they have a mixed review those that have bought them are giving an initial review, when I look at these sites I always look a the cars the reviewers drive if there a peugeot 306 or not a hot hatch I'm a little cautious as they won't drive as we do!

stephenh

Jan 31, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Ok thanks Jim. What do you recommend? thanks

try tyrereview.co.uk, just looked them up and they have a mixed review those that have bought them are giving an initial review, when I look at these sites I always look a the cars the reviewers drive if there a peugeot 306 or not a hot hatch I'm a little cautious as they won't drive as we do!

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Ok thanks Jim. What do you recommend? thanks

I'd recommend the Yokohama Parada Spec 2 - Ears motor sport (ebay) 2 for 185 delivered to your doo in 2 days had them fitted yesterday awesome grip.

I have however had previous experiance with these on my Civic Type R and they performed excellent in the dry and wet, I drive for a living and push the works cars to the limits and have had a few arse twitching situations in the wet where cheap tyres have been fitted.

Due to this and pushing my Type R a little to much with the cheap tyres when I first bought her i ended up loosing the back end in the wet and spinning and completing two 360 degrees and just missing the iron works, (gods where on my side that day as I didn't cause any damage appart from a little scuff on the rear bumper).

Following this I chnged my tyres to the Yokeys and never looked back. My Type R is stil in the family and is noe on its second set after 18 months.

Hope this helps

Jim

RobDon

Pro Detailer
But most people say the Parada's are terrible in the wet and noisy too? Having read tons of tyre reviews recently I would not buy them based on these reviews - almost all of them say great dry grip, terrible in the wet, wear quickly and noisy. Some quotes:

"Great dry road tire if you can stand the noise."

"Even when new, they were very loud and did not grip well when wet."

"These tires are dangerous for street use and should not be considered for such purposes."

"aquaplaning is very easy in these, it doesnt take much speed before this happens if its nice and wet. as for wear, er well they dont last long. my front are gone after 5000 miles ..."

"in the wet they leave a lot to be desired. emergency braking in the wet being particularly worrying."

Also it is impossibly to gauge a tyres performance after one day, they're not even scrubbed in.

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I thought Paradas were rubbish in the wet too but ince then there's a new spec (spec 2) not too sure how widely these have been tested in the wet/track.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Also it is impossibly to gauge a tyres performance after one day, they're not even scrubbed in.[/QUOTE]

Rob,

Ok i've not had these on the Cupra before and only one day however the Type R which is a slightly different beast they performed excellent and considering the Type R has a lot less sound proofing than the Cupra I never found them noisey and that was the point I was trying to get across, plus I don't push my car in them wet....

Guess its drivers choice, some drivers/owners rave about certain tyres and I wouldn't touch them to be honest. Its a very easy subject to get into a debate in as one drivers experiance is different to the other.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Also it is impossibly to gauge a tyres performance after one day, they're not even scrubbed in.

Rob,

Ok i've not had these on the Cupra before and only one day however the Type R which is a slightly different beast they performed excellent and considering the Type R has a lot less sound proofing than the Cupra I never found them noisey and that was the point I was trying to get across, plus I don't push my car in them wet....

Guess its drivers choice, some drivers/owners rave about certain tyres and I wouldn't touch them to be honest. Its a very easy subject to get into a debate in as one drivers experiance is different to the other.[/QUOTE]

I don't consider a road drivers views on tyres.
I only consider track drivers views and scientific reviews with all situations considered

n_olympios

greek member
I thought Paradas were rubbish in the wet too but ince then there's a new spec (spec 2) not too sure how widely these have been tested in the wet/track.

The Spec2 Paradas have been out for at least 4 years now. They've been thoroughly tested everywhere. I wouldn't call them rubbish in the wet, but they certainly don't make you overconfident either. Plus, they are very noisy and take long to heat up (and until they do, you simply lack any traction).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.