have any of you guys had your cupra 16v's mapped?

paultownsend

Jun 3, 2009
im thinking now, as the cars running perfectly, getting the engine/ecu mapped.

the lump made 149.5hp and 140lbft on a dyno dynamics machine, which are regarded as the most accurate rollers your gonna get. im happy with that figure for saying its 12 years old

iv chosen the same place for the map. a good honest guy who maintains a few of the mk2 golf 750mc racing cars. and also does alot of itb/carb work.

i know fueling can be altered on these, and timing advanced also. as these were originally mapped to run on lower octane juice. and for better emissions. iv also heard the famous rumour that vw detuned these to take the power away from vr6 outputs. hope that ones true!

a good increase of 5hp and 5lbft across the whole board would be nice!

any experiences fellas?
Paul

paultownsend

Jun 3, 2009
fully gutted airbox with k&n panel filter. ported tb matched to inlet mani. jetex exhaust.
i was going to get the head worked. but i cant swallow the fact that a good job, with matched manifolds and service costs is going to be close to £700. thats a head with flow bench figures provided. anything else is hit or miss

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Ive heard that theres not much to gain from a remap for the price. Might be other things that would see you more power for the cost

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well I've heard different about the dyno dynamics rollers but won't go into that!

Mine's been remapped but it's slightly more work done to it than just filter and exhuast, no one's really gone out to do it on here with just the filter and exhuast would be interesting! Go for it

valverlimiter

rang awesome gti up about there custom remaps few weeks ago, they said prob get 6-8 bhp gain and about same torque with stronger midrange. there £200 with before and after graphs and a t-shirt! still thinkin about it!:think:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Talking about remaps my cams, ecu, samco hose and filter will be for sale either towards xmas or in the new year! ;)

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
whats the new plans for it dave?
i might take the samco's if they are priced right (aka cheap) ;) ;) lol

It will only be the intake pipe.... it's an easy one to work out the cam's and ecu are getting removed and the air filter, intake pipe and inlet manifold is going! ;)

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Talking about remaps my cams, ecu, samco hose and filter will be for sale either towards xmas or in the new year! ;)

Wish i still had my valver with all that going up for sale, Darn it.

£200 for a map souds good though with a RR run. I think normally its £230 just to be hooked up....but didnt think there was a lot that could be done by mapping the abf ?

not that couldnt be done by cold air anyway....but only going off what i was told on here when i looked into it.

paultownsend

Jun 3, 2009
@ dinky dave. i was talking to martin (hotgolf) today. he referred to a green ibiza with cams he's worked on. is it yours?

i simply cant afford the head atm. well i can, but its an outlay and im trying to keep my credit card clean! :)

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
It will only be the intake pipe.... it's an easy one to work out the cam's and ecu are getting removed and the air filter, intake pipe and inlet manifold is going! ;)

TB's, but the question is which standalone ecu you going for? Something good i hope. And i guess your going for some more insane cams?

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Paul.... Martin lightened my flywheel for me and enlarged my throttle body which will also be up for sale. :)

And bike carb's come on! I'm doing it right tb's! lol With DTA management and more fruitier cams.