Have U cured this? 17705 - Pressure Drop betw. Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
I'm trying to permanently cure this common fault, and I am interested to hear if anyone has actually cured it, and if so how they cured it. i.e. did you find a leak and if so, where?

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
I had a look on your site, but did not find that.

Thats excellent, I can't find any leaks from hoses, but I have not checked the N249, and I have also not cleaned/re-aligned the throttle body.

Thanks.:)

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
Hi

I had this issue and it was the MAF sensor.

mines a 2001 Y plate cupra

Are you getting any other fault codes?

if you can test with a MAF from another cupra, (its a doddle to swap it over) and it has gone then have a look at GSF car parts (you can find a store from their website) cost me 70-something quid for a new one with the faulty one in part ex

Russ

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
Sonic vi, I should change my signature really, I now have a Mk4 Golf, but your advise still applies as it is an AUM engine which mechanicaly inluding the K03s turbo is identical to the AUQ fitted to the LC! The only change is the ECU is mapped to produce 150bhp, not 180bhp.

I have been suspicious of the maf, but it is peaking at 125g/s which I beleive is correct for a 150bhp 1.8t. Also this fault is intermittent, the car can run for a fiew days and not show any faults, then it pops back up again.

There are no other fault codes coming up, the diverter valve is fine, as are the hoses going to it. I've inspected the hoses going to the N249 valve too, none of those show signs of damage, in fact when I removed the N249 for an inspection, the hose I first disconnected was holding a vacuum.

One thing I did notice is the black plastic breather cap on the N249 was quite tight, I removed it, and refitted it which has allowed it to move around much more freely. I did this on Saturday, last night there were no faults showing.

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
Update. The fault has not returned since my last post, so I either cured it by moving the hoses when removing the N249, or removing/refitting the plastic breather cap I mentioned in my last post has cured it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.