Headlamps

Baz1

Dec 6, 2004
Leicester
Does anyone know if the actual headlamp can be taken apart to clean the inside of the main lens? Mine has gotten quite dirty and is blocking some light so want to try clean them.

Any ideas? Ive looked at getting them replaced but its pretty costly :(

Thanks guys

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
They are sealed units. Some people have managed to remove the plastic cover, clean and re-glue them back together, but I wouldnt recomend it.

Perhaps you could remove them, pour soapy water in and scrub them with a bottle brush or similar. Make sure you dry them thouraly though.

How have you managed to get the insides so dirty? Is there a leak or the rear cover missing? They should be water(and therefor dirt) tight.

Baz1

Dec 6, 2004
Leicester
Hmm yeah guess they were sealed/bonded so thought if it was possible to take apart and bond back together again.

I dont know how they have become so dirty mate, I might try the bottle brush idea tho, sounds a good idea. Thinking about it, I guess the dirt must have come in from the hole in the back of the panel where the HID kit cables were fed through.

Baz1

Dec 6, 2004
Leicester
They are sealed units. Some people have managed to remove the plastic cover, clean and re-glue them back together

Any ideas who has done this? Ive managed to get hold of a spare unit but the single lamp rather than the twin lamp my car needs to take apart.

So, how do I do this? And after what do I bond them back again with?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.