headlight scratches

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
i was cleaning my headlights the other night when your face on they look bright but side on theres loads of little marks over it i cant work out if its on the inside or out but i wondered if theres any way if there on the outside that i can polish them out, i had some stuff called micro mesh for our jet windscreens kind of super fine emery paper, does anyone have any ideas please

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
you can wet sand the headlights with really fine wet and dry, 2500-3000 grit. Then use a PC (machine polisher) to bring them back up again. Few people on detailing world have done it with good results

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
ah shame for those who dont have a pc. we had stuff at work called micro mesh which we used for the front glass on helicopters and jets but its all dissapeared and so have the contracts

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Sorry to drag up an old thread but my headlights are the same and it looks as if they're condensated when the lights shine through the lenses. Having just bought a second hand set these are exactly the same and I can't work out whether it's damage from heat inside the lense or imperfections on the outside from contact with road dirt.

I'm going to try some AutoGlym SRP on them tonight to see if that helps but has anyone else tried any other methods to bring them back up short of wetsanding and machine polishing them?

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
i would supply some as i have some at home but getting hold of this stuff in the raf is like finding a hens teeth, the stuff is so unbelievably expensive, we have some rolls of the stuff out here in iraq and its 1k per roll, ill try get a couple of metres off before i come home, and pass it on,

we used this stuff on our phones whilst deployed in kenya brilliant,

used, 2500, 4000, 5000, 10000 grit, grit then cutting past thats supplied and it was immaculate works a treat on lights too,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.