headlights steam up

veedub1988

After about two weeks from when i picked my car up from the dealer, the headlights started to steam up and now there is water droplets on the inside of the lense and is getting a bit anoying, is there any thing i can do?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Try searching on the site as it's been discussed many, many, many, many times. Also helps if you ask in the right area though. ;)

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Mine do the same.
At the moment SEAT UK are looking at a modification under warranty on my car.

Car's going in for its 10,000 mile service in 2 weeks when the dealer will have a decision.
After that I'll post on SCN and let you know what happens.

Guy.

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
would putting a packet of those crystals that you get in new trainers just inside the plactic cover on the back of the lights help?

veedub1988

it sounds like a common thing, i dont think my headlight bulbs will last long tho

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
would putting a packet of those crystals that you get in new trainers just inside the plactic cover on the back of the lights help?

good idea really it's designed to remove moisture from the surrounding atmosphere, but i suppose it wouldn't last very long before it became saturated:shrug:

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Thats the the stuff. Just bought a new Laptop and it came with 4 huge packs of the stuff so figured it may be worth a try?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.