Heat Shield

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
I have started to notice when driving the car from 0-2500 revs a slight rattle from what seems to be below the dash or centre console.

Is this the heat shield do you think, and if so where could I source one from?

Cheers [B)]

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
i've taken mine off, it'll help it cool down better anyway with it off

Hi mate, have you had any trouble since removing the heat shield with regards your fuel lines? (i.e. running too close and therefore go up in smoke!)

Someone has mentioned something about being careful of some potential fuel lines if the heat shield is removed and just wanted to see how u were getting on without your heat shield? :confused:;)

stinkypete

Aug 22, 2007
Chesterfield
exhaust heat shield? it's there for a reason. mine used to rattle a bit - took it to kwikfit who wanted me to remortgage my house to buy a complete new exhaust system - laughed, went home, noticed a nut had worked it's way loose & eventually fell off, found one that fit ok in the bottom of my toolbox & 10 mins later all sorted.

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
Hi mate, have you had any trouble since removing the heat shield with regards your fuel lines? (i.e. running too close and therefore go up in smoke!)

Someone has mentioned something about being careful of some potential fuel lines if the heat shield is removed and just wanted to see how u were getting on without your heat shield? :confused:;)

its the brake lines that run near the manifold, but even then they're not that near, they're fine at the moment, but in all honesty i havent driven the car in 2 months.

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
its only there to stop the heat from the exhaust hittin the floor in the front an to be quite honest the air going under the car does that, some ppl will say it will melt the wire's an pipes that run along side it but mines been off for 2 years now an not had a problem so i would say it is a load of horse **** :lol: personal opinion

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Garage had a look at the exhaust heat shield and he has said that it is not loose etc and looks perfect, so what on earth could this rattle be do you think? :confused:

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
need to replace them dude, either that or get someone to rebuild them? a mate o mine had that problem, ok this isnt the best way to fix it but we took it out the country an ragged the S**T out of it, ended up blowing it all out, or do it buy taking them off an knockin out all of the loose stuff??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members