Heater won't blow cold air!!

TDIEDD

Hi all. Was this problem ever solved and if so how did you go about it? I have pretty much the same problem, and I have swapped my central flap positioning motor but it is still the same. Are there any "how to" threads on getting the heater unit out to see if anything is corroded?
Thanks
Edd

mumblist

Jun 19, 2010
I have this problem which i plan to fix when i get time. my problem is that it gets stuck on hot but it normally blows cold if thats where the heating dial is when car is stoped and started again.
when i fix it im replacing the recirc motor aswell as the heater flap motor. This may be adding to your problem? did you use vag com or the likes to set the motors up?

Trist

sukosanac

Hi guys, is there a guide how to take the console and the heater unit out to give it a good clean?
the reason why im asking is i beleive that my issue is with the corroded connections(vagcom reports voltage issues). a guide with some pics would be good. weather is also good for derby tmrw so might get me hands dirty.

Its for an ibiza 02 plate

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
From the sound of it, the link is to a later version than you need, ie for '09/10 vehicles. I don't know if it covers earlier models too, and couldn't check, because when I tried the link, it had been removed.
Elsawin v3.4 and 3.5 cover the mk 4 cars.

sukosanac

thanx for the reply, but elsawin? not sure what this is and what you mean? sorry to be a dumb a$$

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
Sorry if you're confused (what you haven't seen, you can't know!) - the answer was aimed at Jeffery, who had found a link he thought might help. Elsawin is the service manual on cd, available from several sellers on a well-known auction site, and this would give you the info you need.

sukosanac

splendin, its on order, hope its the thig im looking for was not to expensive 9.99 for the lot skoda, seat vw audi.

thanx for advice.

blue_ibiza

Hi all, I have just bought a 52-reg 1.2 Ibiza S from a dealership. Everything seems fine, but today I noticed the problem that this thread is about. I got 3 months warranty but it won't cover this fault. I would be really grateful for any more advice. This is my first car, so I don't know much about maintenance, but I am a quick learner ;)

Basically, I have figured out that whatever setting the heating control dial is on when I start the engine, I will get that temperature and it doesn't seem to be able to re-adjust. I just sat in the car with the engine idling, and when I try to adjust the temperature dial, there is a faint whirring noise coming out from behind the glovebox, as if something is trying to rotate. Do you think this is the stuck flap thingy problem? (I haven't yet tried digging out the pollen filter, but I have the right star key). Is this something I could fix myself? I have no idea how easy it is to gain access to the innards behind the dash!

Thanks in advance for your patience with any simple questions I might ask!
Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator:

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
I had a minor problem with mine a while back, it would only blow cold air. I discoonected the battery for a few seconds and it reset itself.

blue_ibiza

I want to have a go at trying to sort it out today or tomorrow (also have to look at reconnecting the rear washer hose in the engine bay!). Where would I need to look for the heater valve and the valve motor? Would I need to take out the central console (with the radio), or the glove box? I wanted to have a look ASAP, maybe see if the flap valve is operating properly, and I just need a pointer of where to look, and what to look for! Getting a crash course in maintenance here.. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.