Heating / AC setting Symbol query

savedbythebell

May 1, 2015
Ireland
Hi all,

Today I pressed the 'setup' button between the 2 heating control dials, never selected it before , can you tell me what these 3 settings relate to? I toggled through each level and didn't notice anything changing, also took me a while to figure out how to exit this screen!:lol:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I think it's the setting for the auxiliary heater.
Is yours a diesel? Because they take so long to warm up there's an auxiliary heater that will come on as soon as you start up, and it gived you heat until the engine has heated up enough to send hot water through the matrix.
I think.....

savedbythebell

May 1, 2015
Ireland
Ah Interesting, yes its the 184 diesel, I couldn't find anything in the manual , so its for cabin heat? How does each setting affect the heat?

esde

Jul 23, 2015
This lets you select how big the airflow should be inside, from the vents. In other words: how quickly the fan should operate to get to the selected temperature. 1 arrow is gently breeze whereas 3 arrows make more noise and cools (or heats) faster.

HTH

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
On the old entertainment system it was related to the power/aggression of the the aircon compressor, higher it goes the less power to the wheels, mine was set on medium and I've never changed it.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
My cupra also has it. Currently set to medium but not got a clue as to medium what? Auto fan speed once temp is reached as per previous post seems most plausible to me

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
They are a/c profiles. The auxilary heating is a seperate setting that is either on or off.

mx5

Apr 26, 2014
Ireland
Aux heaters are usually only fitted to diesels, I have a x5 with a webasto that starts when the outside temp goes below 5 deg c. It's a diesel burner that heats up the coolant to make the engine more efficient at low ambient temps. U will have a aux heater timer function on your touchscreen if u have one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.