Heavy Frost...... Inside Car!!!

ashleyeagles

Hi Guys,

I have recently been getting frost build up covering every piece of glass on the iside of the car. Took it to the dealer and they have found water ingress from the inner wing area, leaking into the car.

Apparently they have sealed the wing and replaced all the carpets. All this on a near brand new car with 3000 miles on the clock. Its an 08 FR TDi btw.

Does any one have any ideas what could have initially caused this, because one would have thought a car would not have left the factory with such a fundamental problem. All seems a bit fishy to me! Suffice to say.... I presenttly have steam coming from my ears about the entire issue! :censored:

Ideas and suggestions on a postcard please!

Ash

Mike90

I've had the same problem during this cold spell.

It only started to happen to me when i put the front passenger window down to try and get rid of the snow on it, but the window just slid down the snow, so when i tried to push the snow off, it fell in instead :doh:

so for my next few journeys i put the heating on quite high, and directed towards the footwells to try it out, and now the inside of my windscreen no longer frosts over :)

After speaking to a few work mates with different cars such as ford fiestas, and they've had the same problem.

Will just have to hope this weather passes quickly.

damo1

I've had the same problem during this cold spell.

It only started to happen to me when i put the front passenger window down to try and get rid of the snow on it, but the window just slid down the snow, so when i tried to push the snow off, it fell in instead :doh:

so for my next few journeys i put the heating on quite high, and directed towards the footwells to try it out, and now the inside of my windscreen no longer frosts over :)

After speaking to a few work mates with different cars such as ford fiestas, and they've had the same problem.

Will just have to hope this weather passes quickly.

this morning it took my 20 minutes to get in my car as the locks and the doors was frozen, not the same as your problem but ive never had this problem on any other car and it was only -2.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
snow build up on the scuttle under the wipers, the heater sucks air in from the scuttle area and sucks in the damp from the melting snow, this makes your pollon filter wet and causes the simptoms you have.

Or leaves blocking the scuttle drain holes and the same thing with the heater sucking in water

Or one of the rear washer pipe joins popps of when the rear washer jet is frozen and makes the carpet wet with screen wash

KellyM

That's a huge bummer. Hope you get it sorted pal, nothing worse than having trouble with a new car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members