Help! Buying a new car

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
I'm using my mates account and need some help on buying my new car. I'm after the Ibiza Mk 3 Cupra 1.8 t........

Now i have found a few and think there sweet.. example...

http://www.tkmotorsales.co.uk/84940/stocklist.htm

But i have just checked on parkers and realised that there is a cupra r. I'm after the 180bhp, is this the right one or not?

Whats the mechanical diffference between the 150bhp and the 180bhp?

Basically i want the 180 so that i can go for a stage 2 re-map with laguna intercooler.

Cheers for your help, Stu.

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
if your going for stage 2 etc, dont bother with a cupra R, no mechanical difference at all, just different maps, so save your money and just get a cupra. That one you showed has been looked at by someone on here, and iirc it was a dog. Do a search on anything you want to know, there is hundreds of threads on nearly every topic!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
theres nothing mechanically different between the 156bhp cupra and the 180bhp cupra R, exactly the same engine. different ECU map. both will tune to the same and both could run stage 2 software.

search for the differences between the 2 models, but the engines are identical

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Good stuff, thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Anybody know of any for sale in that price range, That are in good condition?

Cheers

Cuprajoe

May 15, 2007
Piston-heads has a decent selection, this is one of the best places to get one, check the for sale section, general rule of thumb is cars that belong to enthusiasts are usually better looked after

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise