Help. Damaged Pads still ok to use?? pics

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
hello

just had my DS2500 delivered and the courier dumps this bag on my desk.. thats a little strange thought these would be boxed... they were but insidently they have fallen out the box and been clanging around for 2 days in a back of a transit van

2 look fine no issues but 2 look well chipped lol

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

are they still ok to use??? i am guessing they will wear out evenly eventually.

or is it a case i cant fit my brakes this weekend :(

Lee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
i know what you mean.. im not having much luck with my brakes at the moment :(

waiting for a reply from teh supplier to see what they want to do. emailed with pictures so just got to wait and see.

what does every one else think?

Lee

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
they should have been boxed, idiots!
id be well pissed
i bought some ebc ultimax online about £25 ish came boxed and are better than the oem brakes.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
spoken to the supplier and he says they should wear in ok still. which is good enough for me i just didnt want to go **** my new disks up lol

so tomorrow here we come :)

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
they look ok to me but i'm not brake expert, but looking at those, you'd loose a tiny amount of power as there's a bit of area missing, but that will just be time till you wear that chip off. Just make sure nothing's sticking out and grooving your disc up. I'd still ask for a reduction as they are damaged goods though....

ian_cupra

i'd be getting them replaced with new ones at the sellers expense! wouldnt fit them after spending that much cash on them

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
i'd be getting them replaced with new ones at the sellers expense! wouldnt fit them after spending that much cash on them

DS2500s aren't very well packed. I got a set like that from Bill. He swapped them straight away and now checks them all before they go out.

The question you've got to ask, if a piece has come off through abnormal knocking, are there any hairline cracks in the friction material?

ian_cupra

DS2500s aren't very well packed. I got a set like that from Bill. He swapped them straight away and now checks them all before they go out.

The question you've got to ask, if a piece has come off through abnormal knocking, are there any hairline cracks in the friction material?

yeah, but you'd like to think they could manage to package something properly, not as if there cheapo pads or anything either

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
They are fine to use unles there is visible signs of the frictiion material cracked or really damaged. If you had a spare set in the shed say and they came out like it, you would probably use them, I know I would. As they are new pads, I would ask for a new set in top condition.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Get them replaced, don't take any chances with your brakes! Especially after paying good money for them.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd reckon that the bottom line is, if any of us, including your brake pad supplier, went into a supermarket and went to grab something insignificant like a tin of beans, and found that they had picked up a slightly damaged tin - we would probably swop it for a "perfect" one. These knuckle heads that sell stuff mail order should know that this can end up costing them money - they have already probably charged well enough for us to expect reasonable care to have been taken into how their parts are packaged - and yet they just don't care - some of these bits are quite heavy! Having said that, I got Pagid pads from GSF and they had made their way out of the Pagid box - but were still okay looking - that was GSF's fault - and they should know better. On the other hand, I bought a 3.2AH 12V battery on mail order and one contact was bent, closer inspection revealed that the battery case also had a ding in it - but like the OP I knew it was wrong but just used it anyway - you live and learn!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members