Help in identifying this part - front of engine bay

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thing1.jpg

What is this part?
It's supposed to be attached to the plastic cowling on the front edge of the engine bay, however, I found mine hanging - doesn't look like it's attached properly. Has several (3?) hoses attached at 1 end, electrical connector at the other.

Interestingly, I found an electrical connector that wasn't connected at all - on the same section of wiring loom - which goes to the bonnet catch. I suspect this is the switch cable to detect the opening of the bonnet.

connector1.jpg

I've reconnected it, and the car locks/unlocks fine.. Not sure why it wasn't connected.

Thanks

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
probably something to do with crankase breather maybe >?

where do the pipes go ?

thats the sai pump i think it dumps air to the cat i think when cold.
i expect the car had the n249 bypassed at some point i beleive all that comes out when you do the entire bypass.
im not 100% sure on all of what i said is right but i think im right. im sure someone will say if im wrong or right.
damoegan will know lol.
hope that helps even if i am unsure.
edit looking at this thread im pretty much correct http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200030 :D

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Cheers mate,

Don't think it's ever been removed from the car (I could be wrong though) but it was just the rubber mounts weren't secured to the baseplate properly.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
No worries - it definately looks like one hose goes to the block, and the other goes to the top righthand side of the radiator (when viewing from the front of the car)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks mate - I got a part number off it - well - I thought it was the part - but turns out to be the rubber grommit that holds it in! lol.

it wouldnt be a pump that works when the engine is swithced off and cooling down after a drive would it as it goes to the block and the radiator just a guess.

This is what I think it is.

If you listen to it after you turn the car off you should here it pumping coolant round and through the turbo.

If you feel the pipes also you can feel fluid running through them.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Sounds feasible!
I know I can hear the pump once the car has been switched off - never opened the bonnet to check where the pump was though.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Thanks mate - I got a part number off it - well - I thought it was the part - but turns out to be the rubber grommit that holds it in! lol.

close enough for me as it will likely be unique to that part anyway so fire it up will help me trace it

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ok - i'm going to go with this part # that I scribbled down on a bit of paper - 035 959 209 E

I looked in ETKA and found this part ok, but being dumb, couldn't figure out how you find out the page it is on, or illustration.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
3D0 965 561D additional water pump

illustration 121-37

depends on what etka version as to how to get direct to it but

6.31)
take the scroll down menu icon, lined box (next to car logo)
select ATP for a pop up box
paste in part number (no spaces) 3D0965561D
make sure all seat is selected
click ok
should see a list of all possible locations for that number
hi-lite model (02-05 Ibiza) and click ok
should take you straight to it and hilite part

7.2)
select Seat
lined box style logo for drop menu
first line search for second drop box
ATP 3rd option down
alternatively press Alt + F12 for shortcut
paste number in and press search
should see a list of all possible locations for that number
hi-lite model (02-05 Ibiza) and click ok
should take you straight to it and hilite part

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thanks mate! :) I know this is all working ok, as I can hear it operate after a drive. So I know there's nothing wrong with the connectors or loom there then :)

Cheers all