HELP Leon climate control and key battery warning

Oct 29, 2021
Hi all,

New to the forum and have had my Leon now since Feb with a number of issues. Already had a part changed in the info-system as they found an issue during the first service (car is an ex-demo so is technically 2 years old next year)

I've encountered an issue where I can no longer change the climate control fan speed as it seems to be frozen on 3 (I can set the blower to max, but it then gets stuck on 6...) - has anyone encountered this before? I've had the issue since yesterday evening, and I was hoping the issue may go after the car was off over night.

Additionally, I also have an issue where the key battery warning continues to persist although I have changed the battery, does this need re-pairing to the car?

I have it booked in for later in November with Seat, but would prefer a fix sooner if I can troubleshoot it myself and save both me and them the time and stress

Thanks!

xRRx

May 30, 2021
your unit needs upgrading.
8 or 10 inch screen?

on the 10" last is 1803!

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Did you test the new battery before fitting? Did it come from a reputable seller? Lots of fakes kicking about.

Oct 29, 2021
your unit needs upgrading.
8 or 10 inch screen?

on the 10" last is 1803!
10 inch - already had a part replaced in it around June/July due to a fault so I will be unimpressed if I have to have it replaced again...!

Oct 29, 2021
Did you test the new battery before fitting? Did it come from a reputable seller? Lots of fakes kicking about.
It's the battery for the key - it's a Duracell one purchased from Halfords so should be fine but the dash warning persists. Seems the car can't tell it has bene replaced.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Maybe if the old battery was flat for a while the key may have lost the coding and need redone, saw this a few time from other marques.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise