Help modding LCR

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
right i have been looking on the site now all afternoon and i am soooooo confused. I want to start modding my LCR. I ordered myself a set of weitec 40mm lowering springs today. But here is the thing i am after more power, i already have a custom code stage 1 remap, forge 007p dv, supersprint cat back system. Is there anything on that list that i sould change? i am considering changing to an amd remap. Been looking for front mount intercoolers but there is so many different points of view on which ones are the best. I have found this one on ebay will it be any good?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20af961dbf
I know i need the forge tip thats for sure. Any help will be much appreciated

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
downpipe and decat make sharper acceleration and maybe 15bhp. thats without the far better noise.

Pipewerx £300

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
then frontmount. forge £610... steep yes i know.

Then stage 2 which is about a nifty.

Then things get expensive.

GT28 custom map and you have big possibilities, then its time to start trying to get power on the ground.

this is the way im going to go (hopefully) anyway.

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
oh and i wouldnt bother with that cooler. Forge is proven to give best improvement and if you ever have thoughts of big turbo surely its best to get the best.

Saves money in long run

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Downpipe+sports cat will remove the last restriction in the system. Then you could go stage 2 or you could join those of us trying water/meth injection. Mine is still on the stage 1 map, but with a 7.5degree timing advance, equating to roughly an extra 25bhp (yet to be dyno proven). This is running 30% meth injection and 99ron fuel. Have a read up on WMI if you are interested in this option; a slightly different route to others, but very rewarding.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
and re. the intercooler, the one you posted a link to is on the small side and won't give much benefit over the standard side mounts. A DIY large intercooler will do the job if you are not going big turbo. If you go down the WMI route you will not need to change your intercooler as the water reduces you intake temperatures massively (mine are 5 or 6 degrees celcius at the red line... (were 42 before fitting WMI!))

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
The problem is I am not very mechanically minded. It is a black number plate and it's not on there anymore I have a private plate. This meth thing you are on abou I don't reall know how I would go aboub it. I was just gonna try and keep it simple. Unless anyone is around my way that can help

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
loads of theads on the 249 by-pass and it cost penneys to do and when you did have the plate on did you run it on the road di you get pulled?

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
:confused:i am goin mad all this searching. i keep finding different things. i dont actually know what to do to the car now. seen everyone is using jetex filters now, i have a bmc cda is this still ok? so basically i need a tip, down pipe and decat(but which ones) i have a supersprint cat back system, and fmic. real sorry bout this i am a bit late at getting in to all this, i have read through several different readers threads and you all hve different things, i wanna do the simple but effective route if anyone knows this

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Get rid of the BMC ASAP, even if you go back to a standerd airbox it will breath better.

If your free saturday night pop down to the London meet, it's not too far from you, just at the start of the A20

swoosh225

Swoosh
Sep 17, 2007
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Im using the same filter and cant fault it.Try pipewerx for downpipe and Cat,think this fits straight in how your standard system would fit so will be fine with your system.As for FMIC ive researched this for ages and eventually went with the forge one.Awesome gti are your cheapest for this i think. Hope this helps a bit more it does get confusing :confused:

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i had the bmc on and i couldent fault it but alot of people told me it was bad so back on oem air box smoothed and drilled and must had mit it feels better but i also descreened the maf while it was off

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
We seen at a lot of the RR day that cars running BMC CDA's have been restricted by these, if you open it up the filter inside is very small and theres not a lot of room inside the box.

If you want a Forge IC you will get 10% off the web price and if you PM them normally they will give you a decent price

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
I have heard this bout the bmc. What do u do to the standard box? Plus what is the best air filter to get then? Also the meet I would do it but. Do t k ow anyone that is goin and I always feel bit awkward with things like that lol

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
Im using the same filter and cant fault it.Try pipewerx for downpipe and Cat,think this fits straight in how your standard system would fit so will be fine with your system.As for FMIC ive researched this for ages and eventually went with the forge one.Awesome gti are your cheapest for this i think. Hope this helps a bit more it does get confusing :confused:

where do I find these pipewerx as I have been looking and all I can find is motor bike stuff. Seriously I am hopeless at this stuff which is why I have put off modding it as I haven't a clue

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
this is the pipe work 1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/leon-cupra-r-mk1-3-Exhaust-Down-Pipe-De-Cat-Bypass_W0QQitemZ300375683801QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45efc932d9 and as for the airbox ill find the link for you

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.