Help needed please guys

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
My son borrowed mine (bam) for his auq cupra to test if his was failing (which it was). Felt like a different car, so much more aggressive.

He bought a cheap brand new one and it was as bad as the old knackered one!

In the end he bought a 2nd hand genuine one from a cupra r being broken and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

What symptoms did he have with the failing one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020
Just a lack of performance, we were constantly checking hoses for leaks when we decided to swap n75 valves and it was night and day difference.

He kept stealing it waiting for his to turn up in the post!

Reactions: Sl1ced

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Just a lack of performance, we were constantly checking hoses for leaks when we decided to swap n75 valves and it was night and day difference.

My car boosts to 10/12 psi and is solid. But something doesn’t feel right. I might change it anyway as it’s 18 years old haha

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020
I think 10 psi is about right, but with these cars there is always something to check/fix/upgrade!

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.

tiding pipes near N75 as they were not attached to clips the boost pipe come off the N75, but it was the plastic pipe that broke on n75 also looked like it was glued years ago yet i had no issues before hand, so replaced with Genuine from hear (around 53 quid) when fitted the car felt allot different and car is mapped and that's on a TDI, I'm lucky it happened while at home.

CheltLeonFr

Nov 29, 2020
Cheltenham
So I swapped n75 over for the one I pinched out of mateys Cupra R and there is no difference im still hearing that stupid air noise when gently accelerating so I'm putting it down to a boost leak somewhere, even tho it pulls hard when accelerating hard and hits 21psi and stays there.
Its so annoying tho especially when on the motorway cruising at 77mph and its just constant shhhhhhhhh

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
So I swapped n75 over for the one I pinched out of mateys Cupra R and there is no difference im still hearing that stupid air noise when gently accelerating so I'm putting it down to a boost leak somewhere, even tho it pulls hard when accelerating hard and hits 21psi and stays there.
Its so annoying tho especially when on the motorway cruising at 77mph and its just constant shhhhhhhhh

Have you tested your DV?

Reactions: CheltLeonFr

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

I have this as well, its just the FMIC etc doing its thing.

You said its at 3k RPM and thats when your boost should be spooling. Sure its not just that? Espesh if youre not losing pressure.

if you want to diagnose the surging hook your N249 up and try it. Got rid of my car doing it.

Last edited:

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I have the forge 007p and serviced it very recently and the correct spring is in it so should be all good?

You still got the stock one? Can always stick that back on and see what happens

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
I thought they was all different? I saw a YouTube video about them reviewing the differences but I didn’t watch it as I didn’t need too

There are some different variants that affect boost delivery, but you can put any N75 on any 1.8 20VT. Sorry, by "all the same" I meant they all fit the same.

Version E is the latest "standard" version.

CheltLeonFr

Nov 29, 2020
Cheltenham
I get a lot of induction noise at low revs through the cabin. Could also be the same?

It just wasn't doing it when I first got the car thats all so its got to be something. Its just doing my head in that whatever I try I cant get rid of this air noise. And it goes into limp mode on the motorway sometimes so defo something wrong. But doesn't give any codes when it does it.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
It just wasn't doing it when I first got the car thats all so its got to be something. Its just doing my head in that whatever I try I cant get rid of this air noise. And it goes into limp mode on the motorway sometimes so defo something wrong. But doesn't give any codes when it does it.

Get it to r tech badger 5 or AMD. If you’re fresh out of ideas have them pressure test it

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

What are you using to check it? I have cheap scanner that doesn’t pick up any boost leak codes even if it’s in limp mode

CheltLeonFr

Nov 29, 2020
Cheltenham
What are you using to check it? I have cheap scanner that doesn’t pick up any boost leak codes even if it’s in limp mode

I have the scangauge 2
Its usually pretty good for codes, it gives me codes for sai and evap because I havent resistored them yet.
Im thinking maybe it just needs a map because I've decatted and only running primary lambda etc. Its definitely using more fuel of late

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I have the scangauge 2
Its usually pretty good for codes, it gives me codes for sai and evap because I havent resistored them yet.
Im thinking maybe it just needs a map because I've decatted and only running primary lambda etc. Its definitely using more fuel of late

Youl get a code for sai even after you resistor it as the airflow will be incorrect