help on milltek sports cat and downpipe

Oct 2, 2006
hello just looking for some advice really on the fitment of the above to my ibiza cupra.i took my car to a local exhaust shop to have it fitted this morning and il be honest iv been excited to see what difference it will make to the car, i supplied them with new gasket from rear of turbo to downpipe and the studs and bolts in case anything broke, i went up to see how they were getting on and they have said they cant fit it as they cant undo the bolts from the back of turbo as they are too difficult to get to and they said its a turbo off job and they arent interested in doing it????? i dont know that much about fitting the above but im sure its not a turbo off job to fit it tho? help im so frustrated and kinda gutted oh well!:(

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
Take it somewhere else mate.. as others have said the turbo doesn't need to be removed at all.. if they think that then I wouldn't trust them fitting it to my car.

claudefrog

Oct 23, 2005
At home
www.reallymeansounds.com
You can get all 4 bolts off from below.

it takes a 16mm socket, 3 or 4 wobble bars, and 2 nuckle joints

tho when putting back on it is good to get an old scrap 16mm spanner, heat it and put a 45 degree kink in it.

reason you cannot put all 4 nuts back on from below when miltek is fitted is the extra diameter of the miltek pipe

its not really all that difficult a job, just a little fiddly.

and turbo off?? WTF?? you cant get the turbo off unless you have the DP off :D

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
i'm no mechanic i just took it to my mates garage and used its ramps and tools, took me about and hour and a half and a cut knuckle. soaked it all in wd40 and used uj's on long wobble bars to get it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.