Help please, HID's

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
Hi everyone,

Been looking most of the day for threads on HID kits

Havent been able to find any parts numbers or what site is best to buy from

Just looking for a part code and website so i can order quick and easy without lots more hours of research.

Thinking about the phillips ??

Looking at doing main, dipped and chrome indicators poss fogs

thanks in advance

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
very true, but £100 for dipped and nearly £200 for main, could be worth thinking about cheaper option

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
i got mine from here after recommendations from this site and other : http://vvme.com/ comes to about £35 per kit. You'll only need the dipped beam as hids take a little while to kick in and so not useful for main beam when you need to flash other cars.

The kit comes really quick (from china) by dhl and fitting is really easy. Don't let the fact it comes from China put you off. The kit is very high quality and the wires/connectors are very well made. I think most hid kits are made in china anyway.

Last edited:

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
wow, looks good, did u get the duel beam ?

How easy are the to fit, i heard the are abit of a nightmare?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
for the time you use high beam and the fact you probably wont need to with main beam hids i bet you will only need one set

high beam hid is a waste as they take time to warm up, but then if you use them a hell of a lot

picked mine up uk about £55 a set

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
I just got the H7 kit at 6000k. The colour looks really good. Just a slight hint of blue. You'll probably want some white LED sidelights to go with the hid's.

Fitting was very simple. Hardest part was finding a place to fit the ballasts. I used velcro and zip ties to fix them rather than the actual bracket which requires drilling your car. You will also need a hole cutter to drill a hole in your headlamp bulb cover.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I've got diane shop one of ebay, seem to be great touch wood. If you've been reading that many threads you would have found plenty of threads and also seen that the majority of people wouldn't use hids for main beam as, as said, they take a couple of seconds to warm up, and apparently they dont react well to being flicked on and off when not warm- so not only will they not potentially give a very bright flash but you may well be damaging them.

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
cool will have a look at the site, i guess i need the H7 for dipped?

and they are plug and play theses day, is that right? quick and easy install?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise