Help Please - LC part identification

mattgcupra

Hiya,

Is there any chance that someone could identify this part for me please?

This photo is taken from the position of the air box pointing towards the side of the head.

100_1052.jpg

This second photo is slightly enlarged. There is air escaping in the direction of the arrow. I can't find any pipes that look like they need a home so wondering what this is and whether something should connect to it or not.

100_1053-1.jpg

Cheers

Matt

mattgcupra

Yeah it's been a couple of weeks. Tractor sound lead me to believe that it might be a coil pack problem at first so spent last weekend dodging rain ruling those out. Got VAG COM this week but there are no error codes. It was easier to track down today with someone else blipping the throttle as not so noticeable at idle. I do over 600 miles a week so the crap builds up quickly. There's no point cleaning it until it's not blowing anymore.

Any ideas on whether I'm looking for a pipe to reattach to it or for a replacement part?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Sorry can't really tell what it is from the pictures, I'm sure someone else will though.......................................................................................:weedy:

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
First thoughts are it looks a bit like an EGR valve, not even sure if these cars have EGR so a little more digging lol. Plus plastic pipes and EGR don't really mix so im not convinced.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
can you see if the large pipe coming from it goes down to the secondary air pump?
Looks a lot like the control valve for that

Just noticed that your arrow comes out underneath the valve, is quite hard to make out what the actual part is.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
If the air is actually escaping from that port as it looks on the pic then I believe it is number 13 on this diagram all be it a bad pic.
131070.png

mattgcupra

Hiya,

Thanks for the posts. The black deposits on the tip + noise that the car is making suggest that it's exhaust that escaping. The diagram that you've posted is definitely the right area but I think that the problem is below that valve so underneath part 18. Given that it's exhaust and the shape of the part from which it's escaping (cylindrical) I have been wondering whether there should be a pipe connecting to it that goes to the turbo or something like that. No idea tho really.

Might be time to buy a haynes manual.....

CHeers

Matt

mattgcupra

Right, I have been out an bought a Haynes Manual which identifies the part that is shown in the picture as the air supply combi-valve. The air/exhaust is actually escaping from the adaptor plate which is underneath the combi-valve and serves to attach it to the exhaust manifold.

Think I'll have a chat with the guys at ECP tomorrow about it but if anyone's able to have a look at theirs and tell me whether the outlet on the adaptor plate has any pipes coming off it that would be a great help.

Cheers

Matt

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Right, I have been out an bought a Haynes Manual which identifies the part that is shown in the picture as the air supply combi-valve. The air/exhaust is actually escaping from the adaptor plate which is underneath the combi-valve and serves to attach it to the exhaust manifold.

Think I'll have a chat with the guys at ECP tomorrow about it but if anyone's able to have a look at theirs and tell me whether the outlet on the adaptor plate has any pipes coming off it that would be a great help.

Cheers

Matt

Part 13 is the air combi valve, like I say the picture is a bad representation of it, on your car it is a totally different shape. If the air/gas is escaping from the port that the base of the arrow is actually touching in your second pic then no, there isnt anything connected to it, it has a blanking plate in.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.