help please -my car runs for 5-10mins then just dies !

ollie23

hey guys i have a problem my car runs for 5-10mins then just dies any ideas on wot it could be please help cause i have very little know how when it comes to engines lol

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Mine did the same just before the coil packed up. ( small black box attached to the bulkhead just under the passenger windscreen wiper about £30-£40 )

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Thought I'd save on posting a new thread, I'm having similar problems, changed my 1.4 engine to a 2.0 16v, swapped over the ecu, chip and Immobiliser ring but still it starts for a few mins then dies then after that it only starts for like a second then dies, I've got a price to just remove the immobiliser from the ecu so this should sort the problem right? If not I dunno what's wrong!

Thanks, Kyle

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
might not be an immob problem kyle

it is an option, i tried getting it done...PAIN IN THE BEEPPPP not even kidding, no one would do it!

did you get ECU, immob unit, key and ring out the donor car?

also check the earth wiring of the battery terminal, mine corroded and then tore, then i did a bodge job at my mates, and it worked fine, until it didn't start...cos it decoded the immob chip :confused:

so they re-earthed it, then recoded key, and i was off :)

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
true mate might not be!

C2 motorsport are removing the immobiliser from my ecu for £100, i dont think thats too bad and atleast then i can cross that off my list and if it still does it i can look at other things.

Yeah I got the ECU, immob unit, key and ring out the donor car, thats why its a bit strange, but ive been looking around and it seems like an immobiliser fault as it only starts for a few seconds then cuts out.

I dont think it will be my earth off the battery as I moved my battery to the boot with all new cables and terminals.

Its a strange one, just hope having it removed works or it could get expensive!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.