help : spring kit

xhellixx

Jul 27, 2009
Blackpool
www.myspace.com
Hey guys!

Firstly sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section/ or if there's a similar...usually happens to me ha!

BUT I'm looking into getting a spring kit & I'm not going to pretend I know more than I do..because that's not going to get me very far!

I was going to do this earlier this year - but my works car park put me off with its 45 degree ramps!...but now I get the train in..wahey.

So basically looking for any suggestions/tips/advice/local fittings to save me 1)wrecking something 2)getting ripped off.

I've been recommended the eibach sportline kit..

any help welcome :) or if you want to call me a thicko..not so welcome :p haha

Thanks

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
i have sportlines fitted really happy with them, id also look at h&r springs but their abit more expensive.

Got mine fitted at awesome gti so i would go their. Couple of hours labour plus alignment so around £200 more than the springs lol.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Mar 2, 2008
Hi if you want it just to make your car look a hell of a lot better, than eibach sportlines all the way. dont think about it just do it you will love the change, and the ride is not any harder, just better

supracupra

Feb 27, 2005
bonny scotland
springs

just fitted my eibach sportlines last week ..got them fron venom £155 delivered ..took me 1 hour to fit..if u werent so far away i would have helped u get the job done

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
Hey now it depends on how low you want to go I got a set of lowering shocks and springs and the car wasnt low enough for me plus I felt the ride was horrific and very bangy at the rear but I went for the lower end of the market. I then changed them for Weitec coilovers which is now a 55mm drop at the front and 65mm at the back and if being honest id have liked at least another 10mm drop on the rear but looks a lot better than the 45mm kit I had on before. I went through Damian and would highly recommend him helped me out when I had the problem with my 1st set of springs and shocks. The coilovers are more expensive but worth it in the long run. :)

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
I would honestly say your best with coilovers that way you can play around and get your desired ride height! By the time you pay for a decent set of shocks and springs you could get a set of coilovers and as I said the Weitec 1's I picked up are mint good ride compared to the supersports I had on before, cost me £540 inc delivery I think. My personal opinion though but thought id share :)

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
best advice? get eibach sportlines ! end of story! thats it nothing else ><

the look is much better than pro kit and the ride is about the same (I had the pro kit before) but yea you won't have any problems with sportlines.

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
Coilovers=stance......do it! :p

Image0144.jpg

Ive never liked fitting just lowering springs as they are harsh on the standard dampers because they are running a shorter travel than they shoud be.

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
AP Coilovers may be a good option, not heard anything but good reviews on them and very well priced for the quality of them.
Mind I guess they're still pretty expensive at £430

Eibach are awesome though, I've got the pro-street coilovers are if the rest of their range is similar you'll be very happy with them

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.