Help with some turbo info thanks

moditsteve

Alright all in the past i have been a NA car type of person but now i have a Ibiza FR tdi.

I was wanting a bit more info about the turbo?
like how do u raise the boost on it, is it easy and how much?

what advise can u give on the whole tweekin the turbo ?

any help is much obliged thanks steve
:help:

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
as far as im aware matey, a remap is the best way to go, if im wrong I am sure that someone on here will correct me, a remap is the best 'bang for buck' mod tho, I have a TDI 130 sport (same engines as urs) and recently had a CutomCode remap, VERY impressed, there are others too.

JK

Triple D

The cheapest way to do it would be just get a remap, if thats not enough power, come and ask me :), im on my 3rd hybrid turbo :lol:
It all depends how deep your pockets are mate, if they aren't that deep, then a stage 1 remap would be best. If you want to go further, then you will need a complete exhaust system, FMIC, (otherwise you will get heat soak) PD160 intake and green panel filter, or if you'd like either a green dynatwist or a CDA cold air feed induction kit. You will also deffinately need an uprated clutch at some point, either contact JBS or pm me.
But, if your gonna be upping the power, first of all you need to prep the car, and make sure it can cope, brake, and handle. So then you will need either a seat sport AP 4 pot brake conversion or TT 312 mm brakes, uprated suspension, be it coilovers or just uprated shocks and springs, some decent tyres, and possibly upgrade to a 17'' wheel, and use 215/40/17 tyres for a little bit more grip.

I know that this is going on and on now, but if your pockets are really deep, then a hybrid turbo is the way to go, as imho, you wont get over 200 bhp on the standard turbo. I havent had mine rolling roaded yet, but will have by the 10th JUNE, and i would estimate it to be around 210-225 bhp, belive me, its quick ;)
If thats not ood enough for you, then maybe a bigger hybrid turbo than mine, also bigger injectors and a touch of propane injection and you should see around 280-300 bhp.

So, i hope that has helped you chap :lol:

Triple D

Ok, i have just wrote all that, and then read your sigi, :doh: so, i would say, get a fmic and then go stage 2, or hybrid turbo if you really want the power.

Triple D

j.a.kelly said:
spaniels,

would love a ride in your car sometime, hear ur a nutter tho ?? lol

third turbo? hope this one lasts bud eeek!!

JK
Me?a nutter :lol: nah think your mistaking me with someone else chap :lol:
Did sparky t spark mark say i was then? he is such a big girl :lol:.

Hopefully this turbo should last, they have turned the boost down a bit aswell, so not as high, but still pretty high :)

But, yep, thats not a problem, next time im at JBS, ill take you out for a spin :) probably when they get this bloody RR sorted out, its taken about 15 years to dig a hole, 15 years to get the rollers in, and a further 15 years to get it installed and set up LMFAO.

The standards of workers up there compaired top down here is sooo different, it would have been a week if it was us :lol:
:whistle:

S13

May 9, 2006
spaniels fr, how much did your hybrid turbo etc cost?

Are Allard covering the cost of the new turbo after the other one went 'bang'!?

Cheers

Triple D

S13 said:
spaniels fr, how much did your hybrid turbo etc cost?

Are Allard covering the cost of the new turbo after the other one went 'bang'!?

Cheers
oh yes, they picked up the bill
My conversion, if brand new, and you need the same/simila spec to me, would be about 2k plus vat, but that would be everything. Have a look on www.allardmotorcompany.co.uk that should help you mate

gazjones

t spark loves to break very late and slide around corners a lot see his tyres for this. spaniels is a good drivere but a bit on the edge around one lane roads. i went out in his at the fairmile meet and his car handles superbly. i was shitting it a bit only cos i was in a crash 2 days before tho, honest

moditsteve

ok mate cheers when my wedding is out the way i will try choose something like a custom code or a remap :D

thanks all again

Triple D

gazjones said:
t spark loves to break very late and slide around corners a lot see his tyres for this. spaniels is a good drivere but a bit on the edge around one lane roads. i went out in his at the fairmile meet and his car handles superbly. i was shitting it a bit only cos i was in a crash 2 days before tho, honest
:lol:, you big nance gaz :roflmao:, that was nothing mate, you should see me on roads that i know :lol:

Triple D

mhill said:
so what has caused these three turbos to go bang then?
Ermmmmm, well, only 2 have gone bang, first one 2 bolts snapped off the manifold so the turbo wasnt sitting straight, consiquently that ****ed the vanes up in the turbo, 3 seized, a couple broke so that was that. The second one just went pop, erm, possibly oil starvation for a slight second, they didnt know as the way it failed, it destroyed the evidence that may have proved why it failed.
So, 3rd time lucky :lol:

S13

May 9, 2006
spaniels fr said:
oh yes, they picked up the bill
My conversion, if brand new, and you need the same/simila spec to me, would be about 2k plus vat, but that would be everything. Have a look on www.allardmotorcompany.co.uk that should help you mate

Thanks for that.

Who else does turbos for diesels? Or have allard got the best reputation?

Cheers