Specified boost pressure vs the actual one delivered by the turbo?

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
I was wondering is there an OBD2 app that works with VW/Seat that shows ecu requested vs actual boost pressure of the turbo? It would be a bonus if it could show it as a graph as well. I know about OBDelen but I have to buy their whole package for that.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
have a look at Torque Pro, that has a lot of data elements and if what you want is not there and the ECU Provides the data I am sure you can add it in from memory (but it was a very long time ago I looked at doing that)

I have OBD11 and in the Engine Control unit of my MK3 I could not see any labels for boost so not sure that will provide you with what you want unless it has a technical name other than boost.

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
That's one of the reasons why I asked for help actually, I'm not sure what technical names other apps have for this kind of thing. Torque has something called turbo boost I think. OBD11 does provide it, it's named "specified boost value" and "Actual boost value", but I'm not keen on buying the whole package for checking that.

1707307658322.png

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I just check my 2014 motor and a few other motors in control unit 01 and i don't see those two items in live data. Do you know what car this picture was run on (I was not connected to the car but non of my backups show this).

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Yes looking at the Video this is on a older KWP Protocol control unit not a CAN:UDS one.

I have checked out on an old MK2 Leon and can see on Channel 115 (as per the video) the items he is referring to but that does not appear to have been included (certainly using the labels shown on this video and my OBD11) in the UDS Control units.

I did a search through live data for anything with MBAR output and got the following items.

Low fuel press adaptation value for EFP and that does not look relevant

and for values with bar

Intake manifold pressure, corrected.
Intake manifold pressure, target value
Pressure before throttle valve corrected
Intake manifold pressure raw value

there were others but did not look relevant.

So not sure that gives you what you want.

Reactions: Frostensen
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.