help with USB lead...

Deleted member 10425

MY VAG-COM lead eventually came yesterday but i had trouble setting it up, i have got the USB lead but could not use it as i had trouble installing the drivers for the cable, are you ment to get a disk with these drivers on with the lead? how have you lot got on using this lead? ?

any help will be appriciated

:blink:

Deleted member 10425

ok any idea how to get this etc? i know somone said that they had this problem but cant remember what they done to solve it ?

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
James told me that you need to use a serial cable to be able to adjust custom code as the usb one didn't work :(

Deleted member 10425

the thing is i have not got a Serial port on my laptop?? When i plug the usb cable in it comes up found new hardware but i dont think you can download the drivers off the internet can you ??

has anyone got the drivers for the usb cable or are they different for each cable??

Deleted member 10425

Ebay and was about £20 i think, i know that you better off going for the ross tech one but i have heard a lot of people on here say that they have brought the lead of ebay and has been ok.

Deleted member 10425

Just having a long look through the FAQ section on ross tech web site and i have come accross a section about the USB cable.

I noticed that on the pic below where you have the Com ports that you test to be able to use the software it has USB !

interfacefound.png

on mine it is has no USB option just com-1, 2 , 3 etc

would this be cause it has not installed all the drivers?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.