Hid fog light bulbs

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
You do know that if yiu use them as they should be used ie driving in FOG, then a white/blue is not the best. These will give off a lot of glare when driving. What is actually needed is a bulb/lamp with a yellowish colour.

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
I really recommend it actually. I use mine alongside my full beam all the time. Its nice to be able to see all angles of the roads :)

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
You do know that if yiu use them as they should be used ie driving in FOG, then a white/blue is not the best. These will give off a lot of glare when driving. What is actually needed is a bulb/lamp with a yellowish colour.

Agreed, they're completely useless in fog. Especially since you need to cut out the 'diffuser' to fit them.

I think mine have been on twice. Both times to take photos. They're not really any use to light up the road either (but I don't like idiots who drive about with fogs on when it's not foggy)

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Agreed, they're completely useless in fog. Especially since you need to cut out the 'diffuser' to fit them.

I think mine have been on twice. Both times to take photos. They're not really any use to light up the road either (but I don't like idiots who drive about with fogs on when it's not foggy)

Completely agree. They make it worse in fog haha.

Thats also a massive pet hate of mine , winds me up something rotten. If you want to use them when its not foggy do what i do and use them with full beam. No harm done !

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
But the white light looks much nicer :)

I had a feeling that's reason in changing them. I must admit from the outside, pure white headlights and Foglights do look a lot better than yellow ones. [B)]

I'm guessing for HID Fog lights you don't need to worry about washers an/or levelling or any legal issues with them.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.