HID help, photos of your wiring please

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
i'm gna have a go at wiring my mydepots HID kit.

need some help as wiring is not my strong point, any body wired them themselves, and could you take pictures of the wiring please. Of everything would be nice, wiring into the ballast, away from the ballast etc

any help mucho appreciated

Chris

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
have you got them?

take a pic, or look at it or read the instructions - there's only one way that they can be wired up

Chrisdaman

Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
i've got them, and the instructions, but i'm shite at wiring. could you explain anyway please? would clear things up alot, as i dont get wiring diagrams at al

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
plug all the connectors into each other - they only go one way

you're now left with two 'spade' connections - one smaller than the other.

connect the larger spade into the connection that was plugged into the back of the bulb.

plug the smaller spade into the wire that connects to the 'bulb holder'

get someone to turn your lights on while you hold something insulated (not bare wire!)

Chrisdaman

Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
right i've just mocked up the wiring, everything is in it's place, the 2 spade connectors are left only, the large spade goes into the large car "socket". and the small spade goes into the small car "socket". replace the battery power and thats it? all done?

Last edited:

Chrisdaman

Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
quality, will have a bash on sunday then, i though they had to have their own power supply, but they use the current power supply and re-route it basically. much easier than i thought

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
if you get any joy with yours i'll be bringing mine over to you ;) cos they're driving me fookin mental n will end up putting a hammer to them:cry: clock issues,sometimes trouble starting car n the offside one just flickers n goes off,who'd think a set of lights would cause that much aggro!:shrug:

Chrisdaman

Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
ermm i think i'm the only one without the clock troubles lol, they worked first time

and no clock problems, i just went out to see how bright they were and bugger me what a difference, deffo a good purchase

Mckellar

must be the more powerful ballasts that are causing the withdrawel of power to the clocks.

m0rk is your kit just one of the kits off ebay, chinese/japanese logos on the front? i'm going to end up buying one of these ones to save the annoying clocks if the relay doesnt work.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
must be the more powerful ballasts that are causing the withdrawel of power to the clocks.

m0rk is your kit just one of the kits off ebay, chinese/japanese logos on the front? i'm going to end up buying one of these ones to save the annoying clocks if the relay doesnt work.

it was the cheapest kit I could find.

I wanted to see what it was like - and for £21.50, I'd say it was pretty good given that I've had no problems & the kits identical to a much more expensive kit I also own

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.