HID's (Not another HID Topic)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Slight difference.
I'm trading the 1.9TDI for a Cupra 20VT.
Obviously I want to move the HID's from the TDI to the Cupra! however the stickey pads are.... no longer stickey.

Does anyone have any suggestions for attaching? Maybe more sticky pads? or... another method?

Thanks

Chris.

Andy.P

Negro Mágico Ibiza
Nov 26, 2007
Manchester
dont no much about HIDs but i would imagine be good idea to use sticky pads again, motorworld sell a tape for sticking body trims on so its strong stuff and only 3.99 for a roll of it, prob best to use that or something similiar

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I wud say some nice strong Velcro would be better!

By stickey pads are loosing there stickyness and fink Ballasts might fall off soon

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Cheap hid kits....

Mine came with metal brackets to hold the ballasts and they're firmly bolted to the inner wings. :D

Ive got the brackets!

But the Nuts wernt the correct size to bolt onto the bolts in the arches and also

On the TDI's there isnt a great deal of space to start bolting stuff on so it was easier to just stick them

Aimez

stick them on I would be too scared to do that and where the hell is there room for that in a TDi engine bay? as it is one of mine is cable tied to the front of the batter box the other I managed to cable tie in the wing.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
stick them on I would be too scared to do that and where the hell is there room for that in a TDi engine bay? as it is one of mine is cable tied to the front of the batter box the other I managed to cable tie in the wing.

One by the windscreen wash refull, The other by the pump thing (Behind that)
no room really awkward but ... what else can you do!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
do it properly and hide the ballests behind the bumper like i did! zip tie them to the crash bar..... see my rr thread!

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
do it properly and hide the ballests behind the bumper like i did! zip tie them to the crash bar..... see my rr thread!

Thats the way I did it. Makes it a realy neet and tidy instalation, also easier than trying to find room for them. I used sticky pads and cable ties to be sure as you cant check them when theyre down there.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
st10587 as i said on IOC your installation is really ace! I cba with the hassel of removing bumpers etc tho lol so rubbish installation will do

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
st10587 as i said on IOC your installation is really ace! I cba with the hassel of removing bumpers etc tho lol so rubbish installation will do

It doesnt take that long to remove the bumper, and by the time youve tried to find a suitable place in the engine bay and secured the ballests, you might find its faster taking the bumper off? I suppose you could always hide them later if you felt the need.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
This is where I have put mine

P30-12-08_150201.jpg

P30-12-08_1502.jpg