High AFR

cupra_R_p7ppc

[:@] I run my car at a rolling road and the results were dissapointing. The chart highlighted that the AFR was hitting 14's and therefore the car was running lean. When I got my car remapped originally earlier on in the year- it was running at 270bhp and the latest result was showing it at only 252bhp CAN ANYONE HELP- IS THIS NORMAL?????

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ignore it then... if they weren't total novices they'd log it from the wide band lambda probe in the exhaust

I assume the car doesn't have any warning lights on? The ECU will throw an error code if it is running lean

cupra_R_p7ppc

Theres no lights on but when i got it mapped the power woz one thing and its now saying its that much less?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
and I was trying to say that dyno's aren't always as accurate as they should be.

it's only about 8% different

cupra_R_p7ppc

so should i take my car 2 a diffrent rolling road and compare all 3? coz im never going to no what my car is runing if there all out.

cupra_R_p7ppc

who or whats vagcom? I got my car done at jabba sport.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
http://www.ross-tech.com/ <= vag-com

some of jabba's results have been wildly optimistic, but 270bhp is about right

I think that the dyno you've been on today might not have been run so well. did they feed enough air to the intercoolers?

cupra_R_p7ppc

Thay did have a fan on the front but i think it woz on the rad more than anythink.

I dont really want 2 buy 1 of them kits would be better if some place had 1 i could go 2 as im not that good on computers lol.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members