high level break light

neil1williams

Mar 1, 2002
brighton
Visit site
hey peps,
had a 10k service and they pointed out one of the lights in the high level break light has gone, any one know if it's simple to replace is it one light or the whole unit. Shall i end up replacing it with them and hoping it doesn't leak or water doesn't get it.

Getgaff

Less bounce, more beans
Mar 14, 2002
Numpty Land
Visit site
I managed to break mine :redface: a couple of months ago. As Flapper says, it's a whole new unit E1M6945097 @ £37.56p + vat. And because I broke mine :redface: :redface: , £29.85 + vat to have the new one fitted. D'OH!

Brian27

On my Bammer the h/l brake light has a row of 5 amp bulbs, the little press-in jobbies.

Surely you can open the casing and just replace the bulb? :dunno:

:cheers:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
give it to bri -

various uses of

Rear axle glow lamp LOL

Uboat id beacon ;)

Ho House back up lamp :p :p

Albino Madman therapy lamp lol

Jonno

Back to the Seat fold
May 3, 2002
Nottinghamshire
Visit site
Hi all

Hate to be an anorak :p but the high level brake lights are led's and not bulbs. That's why it has to be replaced as a whole unit.

In theory they should last for hundreds of hours of constant use and probably the life of the car.

Just think how many hours the power light lasts on your tele.

Jonno

Tantrum

This is on another thread. The guy has posted up the diagram, it looks like you have to take the spoiler off to gain acess to screw 44. There may be a risk of rain leaking in thrugh the spoiler fixings after removing it though so be careful

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.