Highest mileage leon mk2 and reliability issues?

readie

love mine. i had ABS like i said. clutch went after a stage 1 map so fitted uprated one.

get 34mpg if i drive sensibly

great car

how much you got to spend?? and does it have to be a K1?

Looking to spend 10k...I heard the mpg was good another reason why Im swaying more k1 than focus your lucky to get 25mpg ib focus st...so clutches are something needs doing if you tune it....erm I like the normal cupra but the k1 just looks abit specail. ..although yours looks great in your sig

readie

Hi Readie, I have had my 57 plate TDI FR for nearly 3 months and not had any issues yet. Only thing i have done is cleaned the EGR valve as the car was stuttering.

Hi thanks for reply...erm wasnt planning on diesel...can you get much power out of them?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
aye. personal taste and all :)

i would budget for a clutch if you have a remap they can last but mine didnt and i know a few that did a remap and few month later had to swap clutch

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
If bothered about clutch and doing a lot of track days but not too many road miles...I suggest putting a single mass flywheel and clutch...but it will be harsh on normal roads not as smooth as dual mass but won.t knack up as easy on track. As for reliability I.ve had my mk2cupra for 4 years and 47000 miles and still get a big grin and not a single problem ....had abs done on recall after first week .....thats it

readie

If bothered about clutch and doing a lot of track days but not too many road miles...I suggest putting a single mass flywheel and clutch...but it will be harsh on normal roads not as smooth as dual mass but won.t knack up as easy on track. As for reliability I.ve had my mk2cupra for 4 years and 47000 miles and still get a big grin and not a single problem ....had abs done on recall after first week .....thats it

Was abs done on recall to most of them? Or before a certain year? Realy think im going to get one :) re read this thread and most of the issues was with the diesel version. ..whats it go like with 240 bhp??

readie

Only 2 people so far with over 100k miles.

late 12 plate CR170 FR with just over 6k on the clock here.

Is that just because the break or or because its a newish car and they just haven't reached really high mileage. ...most for sale are under 70k

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
09 FR CR. 19,000 when I bought June 12 now have 37,700.

New turbo fitted in February - but of warranty however made £200 getting it replaced by Seat and FNS wheel bearing replaced two week back.

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Frm new FR TDI 07 plate
80,000 miles
Revo Remapped from 14K
Serviced every 10K by main dealer
Abused on a daily basis

Work Done by dealer in no paticular order
  • 8x DPF sensors
  • New air con motor
  • Xenon headlight fault (10 days to resolve by dealer)
  • Radio/CD player replaced
  • Wire broke stopping drivers wiper working
  • Rear bumper painted as was poor from factory
  • 4x door mirrors replaced (2 each side) as squeaky / not folding in/out
  • Wet windows x 3 windows
  • Drivers window button replaced as switch stopped working
  • 8x sets of front tyres
  • 1x set of back tyres
  • 4x sets of front pads
  • 4x sets of rear pads
  • 3x sets of front discs
  • 1x set of rear discs
  • 1x new engine cover (broken by dealer)
  • 2x new windscreeens (stone chips)
  • 2x rear brake light bulb

Other things to note
  • average mpg 36.5 for a diesel!!!
  • top speed seen via gps 136mph regular cruise speed around 85-90mph daily seeing higher
  • never needed to fill with oil between services (rather never had a warning light to check the oil level)
  • now smokes quite badly on acceleration if left ideling for 2/3 mins even with the dpf
  • brakes do fade quite oftern if driven hard but not warped a disc at all (good+)

I'm sure there's more but cannot think at the moment...

I'm. Impressed

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I'm. Impressed

I did try - company car and all so no real issue, it went back at just over 89,000 (2years 11 months) pretty sure DPF and turbo were screwed by then... no idea where it is now, but not listed as insured currently - so may be dead.... :shrug:

I went to an Audi A3 after that stuck 60k on that in 18 months - not a single issue... (apart from a large piece of wood on the motorway destroying the bumper and headlight as it came bouncing down the motorway at me)

Now abusing some thing else ... Korean :( ... and sadly just cannot break anything - very reliable.... amazed at the abuse its had and just keeps going.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Cupra R 62 plate 14k no issues other than pothole damage to tyres [:@]
Previous FR TSi 10 plate 30k 2 issues, air con pressure valve (warranty) and rear tyre wear inner edge

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
2006 pd140 currently with 110k on the clock. I've owned it for the last 4 years and put 40k on it. So far no major issues apart from regular alignment needed but that's cause of all the speed bumps round here.

Last edited:
2007 '56 Leon 2.0 TDI 170 FR
Current Mileage 63,300 miles
Bought on 30,200 miles

Issues in my Ownership

Injectors Failed - Replaced under Warranty
ABS Pump Failure - Replaced under Warranty
DPF Pressure Sensor Failure - Replaced
Boost Leak in Vacuum Pipe - Repaired

Apart from that it's just normal tyres, brakes etc.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
2010 seat leon Cupra R

0-15800 miles press car used in 5th gear, seat uk's release LCR, CAR magazine.

15800-29800.

Stage 1 Revo 16100-19000

1x oil change,

1 x brake pads all round

Stage 2+ 19000-29800

3 x front tires

1 x brake pads

1 x drop links

2 x cam follower

1 x diverter valve

2 x spark plugs

1 x coil packs

4 x oil/filter change

1 x gear box oil change

1 x clutch

1 x seat bolsters

Other additions are purely performance

Last edited:

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
106,000 55 plate, still running perfect.

Oh and it's a diesel.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members