How much for an LCR 225 Steering Wheel

Ponte Lad

I am after a 225 steering wheel for mr 03 LCR.

Any ideas on how much they are or where I can get one from ?? :confused:

Thanks,:rolleyes:

Matt.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
We have a forum section for discounted parts from a main dealer. I doubt you'd find one any cheaper than they could get you one for. R32 Steering wheel would probably fit too as it looks remarkably similar, not sure what the going rate for these is but you could try German ebay.

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
Pardon my ignorance, but are they easy to fit?

How do you get the airbag off, etc? (I worry about it exploding in my face!)

The reason I ask is that I bought one of those full-face wheel locks from Halfords when I got the LCR. It had a maunfacturing defect (cracked rivet) which scratched the leather and it's never "healed".

Halfords asked me how much compensation I wanted (they effectively offered me a blank cheque), but I felt guilty asking for the full price of a new wheel fitted by the Stealer, so I caved and settled for a full refund and a replacement.

I've now noticed that the little R badge on the bottom spoke has had an edge knocked off. Not sure whether to just stick a new badge on it and live with the scratch, or bang a whole new wheel on. Depends on how easy it is to fit, hence my question.

I spend so long keeping the car looking immaculate, that a tiny little imperfection like this really irritates me.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Fairly easy, there's a bit of a knack but it's a ten minute job, need a "special" tool (M12 Spline drive).

Search for cruise control fitting (foxy's website is good)...

Where abouts are you?

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
Cheers, I'll have look.

Still just mulling it over at the mo. It's way down the list of things I should be spending money on (according to the wife!).

I'm in Bristol by the way.

madmonk

Feb 2, 2004
Worcestershire
225 steering wheel

I recently tried to contact Darren at Willoubhby Seat but he no longer works there. The guy in their parts department quoted me aprox £290.00 inc vat. This is the current price my local dealer quoted for the steering wheel & the 'R' logo (which is not included with wheel).

Madmonk