How to Adjust Windscreen Washer Jet

Altea Owner

Feb 18, 2009
Hi Folks,

My Altea windscreen washer jets are squirting all but the windscreen, I had a quick play with a pin, but it hasn`t made much difference. It`s probably just me being thick, but, do I adjust using the 2 little holes either side of the part where the water squirts out? or the bit where the water squirts out of?

The little holes either side of the jet hole (is this making any sense?!?!) only seem to be able to be moved up/down and not side to side.

Any advice greatly appreciated by me and the pedestrians I`ll otherwise soak!!!:drool:

Mike5

I originally used a small electric screwdriver in the slot where the water comes out. Result one wrecked nozzle. After replacing it with a new one used the correct method and used two stout pins or panel pins to make the adjustment. Don't think there was any side movement as the spray is fan shaped anyway. the adjustment is quite small one moment you wash the roof then a small movement you wash the bottom of the screen. Just move both pins slightly and test. patience is a virtue.

Altea Owner

Feb 18, 2009
Many thanks for the info Mike5, I`ll give that a bash in the morning with a sturdy pair of pins.

Just hoping I haven`t knackered the nozzle by messing around with a pin in there - I did think "this can`t be right" as I was doing it!!! :redface:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members