How to open up the Headlights on SEAT Ibiza 2007

Oct 24, 2022
Hi everyone,
I decided to scoop up some old Ibiza headlights in order to retrofit DRLs and replace mine with them after but I am having trouble openingthe headlight housings. I think they were already open by someone before and were put together using some strong bonding rubber like material. I tried cooking them in the oven under 200 degrees celcius and using a hairdryer on them but with no success. The plastic gets super hot but the rubber that glues the lenses to the housing is not melting at all. Any pointers as to what I should do? Also are there any clips that I should try to undo that might be preventing me from opening it because from what I can see there are a few holes around the headlights but they are all filled with that rubber matterial that acts like glue and I cant see any actual clips. It is my first time opening headlights and all tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Reactions: JoseKaLeL

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
Doing some research time ago I know you’ll need glue black housing on silicone and also
You could open them up with a heat gun (not so close to the housing) and with a screwdriver gently open inch by inch but also found on AliExpress a tool specifically for open lights but didn’t know them or tried them but they look profesional so you could try them if you want.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
If they have been bonded back together with something like sikaflex or tiger seal you will need a chainsaw to get them apart

Reactions: JoseKaLeL
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.