how to turn the service light off?

Binksy

Leon Cupra
Nov 27, 2009
Norwich
I think you need a code reader or vag-com m8 to turn it off. not like some where you hold a button in or sequence of least i don't think so but i would like to know if there is as mine is still on to lol

andycupra

status subject to change
no scanner needed, just a search on SCN, or failing that look in the owners handbook.

think its:
turn ignition OFF,
press and hold trip reset button,
switch ON ignition,
release trip rest button,
turn trip button clockwise until it goes out.
igniton OFF,
Igniton ON.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
no scanner needed, just a search on SCN, or failing that look in the owners handbook.

think its:
turn ignition OFF,
press and hold trip reset button,
switch ON ignition,
release trip rest button,
turn trip button clockwise until it goes out.
igniton OFF,
Igniton ON.

This is correct.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I'm glad someone posted that, as the wife had her Leon serviced at a non-VAG garage for the first time last year and it still says service on the dash. Never even thought to check

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Ha ha, probably. It's not just the changing that bothered me, it's the fact that they did so without her consent and it cost her a fortune. Then when I queried it with her she said "well they said they needed doing, so they were done". Yep, saw her coming!

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Just done it, worked fine, but reset the trip meter as well. Not the end of the world, but a word of warning in case it bothers anyone. Thanks for the tip guys

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
Ha ha, probably. It's not just the changing that bothered me, it's the fact that they did so without her consent and it cost her a fortune. Then when I queried it with her she said "well they said they needed doing, so they were done". Yep, saw her coming!

sorry to drag up old stuff mate but for your future info,legally if any garage fits parts without your consent you can legally drive out without paying them as you did not ask for it

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
sorry to drag up old stuff mate but for your future info,legally if any garage fits parts without your consent you can legally drive out without paying them as you did not ask for it

The garage still remains the legal owner of those parts wether the go ahead was given or not.

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
The garage still remains the legal owner of those parts wether the go ahead was given or not.

Your a mechanic I take it?did he or she agree to have their legal property changed/altered regarding brakes?if not like he stated then the garage have a legal responibility to get their heads in the skip and find his girls old parts an put back on gratis,failing that the parts fitted new are his as the garage felt the need to freely fit them as he/she did not requeast i think.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise