how to remove the service light

devin13

Mar 14, 2009
chippenham wiltshire
right well ive just found out how to remove there service light whenever you turn on the ignition:D thought some of you might find this helpfull and let me know how you get on?

step 1.

with the ignition turned off, push and hold the odometer dial below the speedo!

step 2.

turn on the ignition whilst still pushing the dial, when the ignition is on turn the dial clockwise slightly for 1 second then release, turn off the ignition!

step 3.

turn the ignition back on and it should be gone:D

how did you get on? thought id share the knowlage, dont know if anyone else has shown people how to do it?

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
yep, spot on. Did mine after searching last week.
I hadnt come across any threads on this subject previously, so it might turn out to be a memory jogger for a few people...
Cheers,
Dan

wouldnt think it in the book seat would want you to take it to them to service , not to encourage you to DIY , but people will find it usefull , i searched a while back to do it

cheers

All manufacturers know you do your own servicing, that's why it gives details of oil grades amongst other things in a dedicated section in the manual, i've just never read it which i know I should really

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
When you start up and it flashes the service message and then the next message saus "Service 1700 miles" I think..

What does that mean?

It did it the other day and still said 1700 when I got home..

It needs resetting anyway because the oil etc was only done 2 months ago :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.