Hows your spare alloy?

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
just thought i'd have a look at my new lcr's spare wheel and noticed it has some scratches on the spokes that are quite deep, looks as though the dealers been at the fiddle again swapping wheels around and been a wee bit heavy handed, F*CKWITTS! Should i complain?:(

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
Bought the car from Arnold clark in Paisley, pre- reg 55 plate. also noticed the tyre is kinda dirty as though its been outside. definately not factory fresh.

Baggy89

Is there nae a website dedicated to folk who have bought cars fae Arnold Clarke, just so they can vent their anger.

Paul Cupra R

Jul 16, 2004
East Kilbride. Glasgow
My brother bought a brand new RX 8 last year from Arnold Clark. When we arrived to pick it up I had a good look at it and noticed 2 kerbed alloys. the car had 3 miles on the clock!!
We forced them to replace them before we would accept the car. It seems that this is pretty much par for the course.

mmfb

Feb 12, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
Give them hell :) right to Dr whatshisname in Seat Spain, that will kick thier ar$es into gear. But report it ASAP otherwise they can deny that it was sold lilke that.

Act quick dude. Log your complaint with the garage in letter form, not email. Then if you get no joy, write to the top :)

I got a few very good freebies from Seat when I did this.

CUPRAGREY

2FAST
Jun 14, 2004
Bucks/Herts
While on the subject of the spare wheel does anyone know what items should be there in the spare wheel compartment.

I know that there is the jack, ally wheel nut key, screwdriver etv but I am sure I have spaces where there are some missing items.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
My LCR is the same - loads of shaped cutouts in the foam that look like something should live there, but no idea what! Has the important stuff so haven't really thought much more about it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members