I have 2 LCRs!!!

toocoolpash

Jul 4, 2012
Birmingham
So... funny story...

I owned a black Lcr loved it spent thousands on it... got it to stage 2... had the gearbox rebuilt new clutch flywheel..put a new k04 turbo in. Put a badger 5 tip in forge 007 forge fmic bmc induction carbon cover, miltec the works... 288bhp on cheap fuel.. then my pal brought a z4 beemer .. new and I had a bug for the BMW...

So i excited jumped in and brought a 3 series 335i.. m sport... although it was a 10k car and you could tell it was i never quite had the love for it dispite the 301bhp and rwd and so after a £520 tax renewal and a bmw service due it was time to go and only after 4months! Oh why did i sell my Lcr :cry:

I decided to use my sensible head and brought a run around while i decided what to get next..so £600 a mk4 gt tdi off a family friend... did the job and with its rs6 look a like wheels and lowered suspension i was happy.. well happy enough in a 1.9 diesel!
I still kept in touch with the chap who brought and he said he was planning on sellin so i jumped and agreed price ( im now giving him more money to buy it bk) but his mrs stopped the deal and i was left gutted and still wanting the lcr..my lcr.. however....

My pal had brought a red Lcr due to being so impressed with my mine..best engine bay ive seen in a long while... immaculate.. the chap he brought it from was proper anal.. ( if i could put pics up i would) neuspeed induction/heatsheild..n249 removed.. forge boost polished/debaffled hard boost pipe .. oil catch can and all the other bits to make it stage2 290bhp... he was thinking of selling so 2 weeks before xmas i had it... my Lcr itch now scratched and i was happy in my new Lcr but it wasn't my one..it felt like it was always my mates and i was borrowing it so a cheeky text to the chap who brought my black lcr and his mrs has now agreed he can sell...So offer made..deal done picking it up next week!!!
:wtf:
Ive just agreed to buying a lcr when i already own one but you know what......

Happy Happy times ... although i will soon have the best looking drive in the street im now faced with a dilamea of having 2 stage 2 lcr .... i carnt afford although i would love to keep both so what to do.... do i strip the best bits of the engine bay in the red and put on my black or do i keep its value and sell as is.... decisions decisions haha

Just thought id share that with everyone as i maybe living in one of them when the mrs finds out :rofl:

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Haha cool story. Not many are lucky enough to be in your position. If I was you I think I'd probably keep your LCR and sell the other as it is. Your LCR is, well, YOUR LCR, and there's no point in taking bits off the other one undoing his work making the car worse than it is. Also if you start nicking bits won't it throw the map off so you'll have to do something about that before selling? Definitely keep yours though. Doing it up and making it your own is why you got attached in the first place. As you can see from my sig, I'm in the process of doing mine up and although id be envious of a nicer quicker LCR, it wouldn't be my LCR

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2009
Take the bits that dont upset MAP from Red LCR and sell then sell it.

Last edited:

toocoolpash

Jul 4, 2012
Birmingham
Yeah I think keep red as is and sell when I get a buyer..no rush..esp when my drive will look so good haha.. ill try get bit of an ad up on the for sale section when I figure out how to put pics up!!

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Corr she must be a beaut or I got mine real cheap. 2400 I paid in pretty good nick, 100k miles, a lot of service history.

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
I thought so. He wanted 2500 but I blagged it. Sometimes the gearbox feels a little notchy if I change gear slowly so maybe he knows something I don't. Said his dad is a mechanic so it's never wanted for anything and so far so good. I'm literally about to go pick my car up after getting the exhaust all fitted :-D sorry, mini thread jack. Good luck with the sale.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.