I need a little cleaning kit...

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
so I have about £50 to blow on an Amazon gift card I received for joining something... And my new Cupra 290 arrives in about 10 weeks (no that I'm counting...) So I thought I'd get the basic cleaning products.

I ain't mega hardcore in the cleaning side of things but I like it to be clean and a half decent shine. So I'm after a good shampoo, a spray on wax kinda thing and an alloy wheel cleaner, preferably all available on Amazon obviously.

So what you recommend?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Have a look in the detailing section to get an idea of what others are using then search amazon for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Everyone will have their own opinion. If your looking on Amazon. Get some colonite 476 or the liquid one (855? Or summat). Megs nxt shampoo is my personal favourite shampoo. Polish. Super resin polish is pretty good. I also like the autofinesse stuff triple and ultra glaze.

Megs waterless wash is really good. Haven't used it but dodo juice red also gets really good reviews as a spray wax.

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
Cheers guys. Having a good look around now. Do the cupra wheels require a specific kind of wheel cleaner with then being painted? Or will Autoglym Clean Wheels be safe? Just realised I have a big bottle of that left.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If you have a wheel brush I'd recommend Autobrite britegel for cleaning wheels and agree with @Legojon regarding Colinite wax. Don't rate autoglym shampoo but just about to try Adams shampoo which has good reviews.

As I say and learnt myself. If your pre wash and wash isn't good then you'll screw up your polishing and wax with contaminated paint.

Its tough to work to a budget when you need everything in one go haha but I would stick to making sure your car is as clean as possible for pre wash and wash. Polishing a semi dirty car is asking for swirls I think.

We have a thread in this detailing section called what do you use. The first post shows my stuff then everyone else follows it may give you an idea of what you'd like.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
sounds like witchcraft
It's good stuff! Great for last minute the car has a dirty spot lol or going to a meet haha it probably isn't amazing for your paint but I only use it as a last resort.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.