Ibiza 16v cupra sport (not very fast)!!!

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
I can only come to the idea that its not running right. I popped my mates focus st in my 16v :D Dont ask me how. I fink the ibiza is a very good qucik car and for cheap monies aswell. I keep up wiv my mates 200bhp remaped n decated mk4 golf and mine is jus a stanered abf wiv a decat. So theres a good chance it jus needs a good looking at. Ive had to 16valvers now and they both been a nippy car.

lol dont know how you popped a focus st!! and for the mk4 golf i suppose that could be possible but wouldn't of thought it was dragged down that much by its weight!?!

They are nippy cars but not a Focus ST territory when standard!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
lol dont know how you popped a focus st!! and for the mk4 golf i suppose that could be possible but wouldn't of thought it was dragged down that much by its weight!?!

I'm p*ssing over ST's a lot of people in work got them and when I say the snot is quicker there don't believe me till we heading home..... but mine's not standard.

If you last the ST thru twisty lanes I can believe that because I have spoken to a few that say it's not the best handling car they driven.

pikey86

The car is obviously not set up right, the 16v should be a lethal bit of kit with them mods, and as for the 8v being slow, i can safely say thats not the case, my missis has one which we use everyday and its totally standard and it shifts, now i know fast cars, iv owned 3 impreza turbos and on the verge of owning an evo 6, iv had 220 turbos 420 turbos, civic vtis, and i can say the 8v is just as much fun, try getting the timing done, and get the cambelt done at the same time and see how it goes, your 16v should wipe the floor with any punto gt with light mods, if not good luck with the sale, im sure someone on here will snap it of your hands.

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
What a punto gt could only just keep up with an eight valve ibiza ?? Pull the other one. My 16 valve would'nt stand a chance never mind an eight valve. Im just not impressed with the so called power from mine at all. I am already bored with the ibiza for a few reasons one is the damn clutch is far too stiff, not much power, broken electric morror buttons have been pushed through the dash ( yeah really well made then ) and its just boring to drive. I am going to get rid of it after xmas. Thanks for the replies guys.

other one pulled!!..and note i said "in second and third gear corners", turbo lag versus peak torque at 1800rpm! top speed would be a different matter, my ibiza was also stripped out with no sound deadening. your 16v must need a real good setup mate

SKOT

It was Jus on sheer accleration plus the kid wasnt a very good driver but there still like what 225bhp ish. If it was on a longer straighter road then when u hit 70 80mph the st would start taking off from ya. But as people have said it needs setting up right i.e timing belt etc. Or jus sell it. There's normally alot of people that would snap ya hands off for one.

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
It was Jus on sheer accleration plus the kid wasnt a very good driver but there still like what 225bhp ish. If it was on a longer straighter road then when u hit 70 80mph the st would start taking off from ya. But as people have said it needs setting up right i.e timing belt etc. Or jus sell it. There's normally alot of people that would snap ya hands off for one.

225 is what ford say it is! there was one on the rollers at jabbasport when i did a r/r day and it barely made 190 bhp! they suffer from massive heat soak through a very innefficient (can't spell!!) intercooler! and couple that with a fairly hefty 1400kg and the performance isn't actually as good as you'd think! my friend's new teg type r is totally standard and it easily pissed all over one! (there is a bright orange one who likes to think he's the "man" around here) despite only having 187bhp and less torque than a 1.6 fiesta! and getting back on topic (sorry!) maybe you should find someone on here who is local to you, and is willing to take you for a spin in thier valver so you can get a feel for how quick they're supposed to be. i've never driven in a 16v ibiza, but I have been in an abf powered mk2 golf! and that fooooooookin flew!!! standard engine apart from factory option high lift cams (around 170bhp).

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.