ibiza chrome kit

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Gear lever surrounds are easy but vent trims are pretty tricky. It's been discussed on here several times. Try a search.:)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i bought my car with the gearstick and airvent chromes in it but the plank i bought the car off put them in so badly! he broke a few things in the process WOT A MUPPET! but if your patient and gentle then not hard to fit at all!

and most of all looks sweet![B)]

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
Got chrome gear surround and vents on mine. Easy to fit, just be gentle, as clips look easy to break. Found fitting side vents easier so start there and then do centres. What I want now is a chrome instrument panel set for a RHD car!!

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
allrate lads picking my seat up tomo cant wait ! im off to autoworld tomo the seat dealer in chesterfield to see if they got both so i cn compare i think chrome is a bit bling for me too ;)

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
I've asked for the chrome rings on the dash (speedo rev counter etc) and they are not seat uk approved accessories

A few things on the SEAT.com website aren't uk approved just to make you's aware!

yeah i guessed that. i just wish i coiuld get hold of some to finish off my "bling look":whistle:

D-Power

Oct 28, 2006
Newmarket
I picked up some aluminium trims today-will try and fit them over weekend and take pics. Think they look a bit more subtle than the chrome ones.
Anyone got tips on fitting the centre ones? Do u have to take radio out and get hand up behind the vents?

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Aluminium Trim sounds great!
Can you please confirm what items that includes, also where did you purchase them? ;) Cheers.

I also think the CARBON would look SO sleek!? [B)] Will keep searching :)
Although it would probably have to be the real think, 'Carbon effect' can look tacky! :whistle:

Includes gear lever surrounds ( 2 peices ) and 4 vent surrounds, from the dealership!

Don't think you'll find carbon anywhere

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I picked up some aluminium trims today-will try and fit them over weekend and take pics. Think they look a bit more subtle than the chrome ones.
Anyone got tips on fitting the centre ones? Do u have to take radio out and get hand up behind the vents?

If you do a search there have been quite a few threads about fitting them. People have used different methods but you shouldn't really need to remove the radio. The fitting guide SEAT supply with them is useless.

Out of interest are they actually metal or are they aluminium finished plastic?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Had an ingenious idea of how to get aluminium dash surrounds... ordered replacement standard dial surrounds and my spray guy is painting them BMW brushed aluminium! :D

Will get the pics up when they arrive!!

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
On the official SEAT Accessories site, you have numerous Interior Kits, but none seem to include the Fans/Gear surround together?

Even the Gear Knob and Gear Lever surround are bought as 2 seperate Kits!

Is it also possible to buy the complete Dashboard/Centre console Surround? The large plastic piece that goes over the top of the dashboard, and sweeps down around the centre console/Stereo compartments? :)

I know, certain Sport models already have this as standard? :p

The fan surrounds and gear lever surround are 2 different kits. The gear knob is something different altogether

If you really wanted to you could probably but the main surround, but I'd imagine it would be a serious PITA, i think there's a thread about it somewhere along with countless others about the vent/gear surrounds :blink:

Ad Lav said:
Had an ingenious idea of how to get aluminium dash surrounds... ordered replacement standard dial surrounds and my spray guy is painting them BMW brushed aluminium!

Will get the pics up when they arrive!!

Spray em yaself! :bleh:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
carbon fiber is a bit chavy! chrome dont look too bling or takey. when i bought my car untill they hit me in the face when driving home from buying the car i thought they where standard till i looked into it!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have all the chrome bits

I was gonna get aluminum but spotted that the interior door handles are chrome so thought the aluminum would look odd

the chrome looks good and not "bling" as I thought it would

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Any imges of these fitted? How much is the kit? Pick up my Ibiza a week today and lookin to buy my bits and bobs for it this week :)