Ibiza Coding

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Has anyone enabled auto closing of the windows using the rain sensor?

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
Does Carista 100% work with the mk6? I’ve just gone on to amazon to buy and it says it doesn’t fit my car (or my partners 66plate Ateca)

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018

Attachments

• CA5AC6B7-D67A-414F-84D9-1E430AED5161.png
    CA5AC6B7-D67A-414F-84D9-1E430AED5161.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 124

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Hi, yes it 'works' . I didn't go crazy with it but managed to:

-turn off seat belt warning alarm
-change coming home lights to activate when door opens (not ignition off)
-display fan speed in auto mode
-set mirrors to auto-fold when locking the car.

For me there are too many questions over possible warranty issues to play about with it for the sake of it.

2018 SEAT Ibiza 1.0 TGI FR EcoPlus

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
Hi, yes it 'works' . I didn't go crazy with it but managed to:

-turn off seat belt warning alarm
-change coming home lights to activate when door opens (not ignition off)
-display fan speed in auto mode
-set mirrors to auto-fold when locking the car.

For me there are too many questions over possible warranty issues to play about with it for the sake of it.

2018 SEAT Ibiza 1.0 TGI FR EcoPlus

Auto mode will only work on the digital temperature though wouldn’t it. Mine hasn’t got that.
I just want it to fold the mirrors in with 1 simple press and not hold the button in really. Don’t want my warranty voided.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
My dealership enabled auto-fold before I picked the car up! Might be worth asking yours, then there's no warranty issues.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Anyone had success with chinese VCDS?

Tried version 18.9 and hex cable, but software complains that MQB module

Dont work! Message unsuported vehicle.. Asam data /rod file missing.

Just buy a oem hex v2 then it wil work. Chinese clone looks like the hex v2 but its only the shel...

The oem Ross tech hex v2 has a protocol to read it. Thats the reason the new MQB AO platform Works with oem cable. Or buy a oem vagcan pro. This also Works.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Dont work! Message unsuported vehicle.. Asam data /rod file missing.

Just buy a oem hex v2 then it wil work. Chinese clone looks like the hex v2 but its only the shel...

The oem Ross tech hex v2 has a protocol to read it. Thats the reason the new MQB AO platform Works with oem cable. Or buy a oem vagcan pro. This also Works.

Yeah, but the OEM costs 200$

For that type of money, and what I will be getting done with it, I'm better of buying OBD eleven

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Yeah, but the OEM costs 200$

For that type of money, and what I will be getting done with it, I'm better of buying OBD eleven
I bought hex v2 in Holland 470 euro's with unlimited vin...

Obd11 is cheaper yes. But for some things you need credits. And with vcds it a always longcoding or adaptions. So you always know what is done. With obd11 not. Had some customers who used obd11 but came to me because of lights did not work as they should etc..

Reactions: Bruno Maia

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
That would be interesting to know))
Rain close dont work..
Tried it on many 6F models now. Only the options in module 9 bmc can be coded and option in media system. But after testing dont work. Stil need to code the RLS module when, you code the option in bcm slave module 9 RLS coding is rejected.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I bought hex v2 in Holland 470 euro's with unlimited vin...

Obd11 is cheaper yes. But for some things you need credits. And with vcds it a always longcoding or adaptions. So you always know what is done. With obd11 not. Had some customers who used obd11 but came to me because of lights did not work as they should etc..

OBDeleven does NOT need credits - if you have the Pro version you can do long-coding and adaptations just as well as with VCDS.
Credits are needed in OBDeleven to use the "apps", which are basically macros to run adaptations and long-coding for people without tech knowledge.

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
OBDeleven does NOT need credits - if you have the Pro version you can do long-coding and adaptations just as well as with VCDS.
Credits are needed in OBDeleven to use the "apps", which are basically macros to run adaptations and long-coding for people without tech knowledge.
So no credits voor vim/mirrorlink unlock then?...

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
So no credits voor vim/mirrorlink unlock then?...

I understand very well what you are saying, so let's see if you understand me:
  • Almost everything (90%-95%) of what can be done with VCDS can also be done with OBDeleven without extra purchases (i.e. credits)
  • If you have the instructions on how to enable VIM/Mirrorlink via VCDS, you can follow them to do the same thing in OBDeleven without credits purchase
  • ...if you don't know what you need to do to enable it, you need to use the app and buy the credits (which, BTW, you can gain daily just by opening the OBDeleven app)
  • VIM/Mirrorlink with or without app cannot be enabled in most recent cars since VAG made changes and it seems currently it is not possible to defeat.
If you have instructions on how to enable that via VCDS, I am all ears - if the OBDeleven app creators know how to do it and wish to charge for it, it is a matter of how much you are willing to pay, but don't misrepresent the app or the use case just because you do not understand how it works.

...if you are looking to get video playing on the car screen, I would suggest you give a look at AA Mirror (you need a rooted Android phone for it to work) which will mirror the whole phone (and of course, whatever is playing on it) via Android Auto. No need to code anything on the car that way.