Ibiza Coilies Fit Cordoba

walshc

Actually, whats a mk2 cordoba? im answering for a 97 shape cordoba

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
physically they will bolt up, and you can 'drive' however they will be far too soft & the handling will suffer.

Polo kits fit polo's - that advice is just dumb.

Buy a Cordoba specific kit, accept nothing less (it will be ****)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
been there and done ibiza/cordoba springs.NOT good. cordie is heavier and that weight is stuck way out back over the rear end.,as above,coil overs may make a difference with there adjustability,but when i last checked they had different rears to an ibiza. proper SEAT sach kit for the cordoba(if you can find one(and fit it properly) is superb for day to day and a few laps of curborough(in the wet driving like a tool :D)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
because an incorrectly spring car will handle like ****, and probably catch the wheels on the archs causing damage to the tyre?

Don't try & justify fitting **** kit to your car.

martin_hill_198

Apr 21, 2008
thought back suspension was same on ibiza and cordoba.... and i duno wht kit i have on my car but handles very well i think but at 110+ goes all weird and front end goes light and waves about

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
thought back suspension was same on ibiza and cordoba.... and i duno wht kit i have on my car but handles very well i think but at 110+ goes all weird and front end goes light and waves about

it will physically fit, but given the extra weight on the Cordoba you need stiffer springs (and dampers matched)

It's a no brainer if you think about it.

walshc

because an incorrectly spring car will handle like ****, and probably catch the wheels on the archs causing damage to the tyre?

Don't try & justify fitting **** kit to your car.

Coilies wound low down handle like **** anyway, i know as ive had a few cars like that, so technically, are all coilover dangerous????

Not trying to justify anything (i have cordoba coilies on mine)
Just wondering if youve actually tried and tested what youre saying is bad, or whether you just heard your best mates girlfriends dads mechanics son say one time in the pub a while ago that it will kill kittens :happy:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
YOU'RE RIGHT! the whole forum is full of numpties who're running their coilovers on the bump stops all soft as **** (and crashing)

But they (like you) won't be told

And no, I don't go for hearsay... and funnily enough I've picked enough up while I've been interested in cars.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
well thats fairly obvious mate but mork knows his stuff on seat's...

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with mork

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lol... you n00bs are welcome to visit encyclopaedia m0rk anytime... come back when you've a) got pubes b) a few more posts under your belt