Ibiza Coilies Fit Cordoba

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
your best bet to fit leaf springs would be to fit outriggers with them on for that wiiiide look.

bostick, and maybe araldite would ensure perfect fit.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
dont try kid the kidder mate, mork is god

i must be god's dad :D i helped m0rk with his first suspension change ;)
he's talking sense people,you hear on the forum of " i spun out/over steered on a round about/bend last night" and always at "only 40-50" either its bad driving or someone has fooked about with cheap/ill fitted suspension.

weeeeeee.jpg

that's an ibiza "oversteering" 120mph into a very large bend on an airfield,and me running out of talent,never done it since,lesson learned SAFELY ;)

[old fart mode off]

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I always listen to the advice that M0rk gives on this forum. He knows alot about these cars and has probably did most things on these cars, if not everything.

Im not going to argue with someone that knows all this information which maybe useful to me one day. M0rk has already helped me with one or two things.

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
Wow, there's been plenty of action on this thread while i was away!

Cheers for the heads-up M0rk, i'll go for a specific Cordoba kit (if i can find one :D).

walshc

YOU'RE RIGHT! the whole forum is full of numpties who're running their coilovers on the bump stops all soft as **** (and crashing)

But they (like you) won't be told

And no, I don't go for hearsay... and funnily enough I've picked enough up while I've been interested in cars.

Where did that come from? :happy:
What am I RIGHT! about?

Im sensing (sp?) you didnt read my post to its content, just what you wanted to read..

Lets kiss, cuddle and sing kumbaya in the meadow untill the last evening songbird drifts off, then put all this behind us and be friends ever after ;)

I only answered the question the OP asked :cry: :doh:

PS post count means nothing, it just maybe proves or mearly suggests, one spends too much time tapping keys :p

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
PS post count means nothing, it just maybe proves or mearly suggests, one spends too much time tapping keys :p

Now that's just asking for a fight.......

I'll have £10 on m0rk ;)

Back on topic.......

A Cordoba requires Cordoba specific suspension, with springs and dampers rated accordingly for the extra weight on the back end.

If you see a kit advertised as being 'Ibiza/Cordoba Fitment', do not use it. The spring rates will be set for the Ibiza. Despite what some sellers will have you beleive, and that also goes for Mk4 Polo kits.... they are not set-up for the Ibiza or Cordoba.......

Just my 2p's worth........ :thumbup:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members