Ibiza Cupra R Oil Temp Gauge Sensor

tomxt99

Hi,

Ive done a search but cant find specifically what Im after. Ive got an ICR which has the factory fitted oil and volt gauges. Ive replaced the Voltmeter with an Autogauge boost gauge as I think its far more useful and have bought an Autogauge oil temp gauge to match it.

With my boost gauge I used the existing wiring to the voltmeter which was nice and simple but Im a little more confused with the oil temp gauge. It has 2 lives and an earth just the same as the voltmeter and then a black with yellow trace which is an additional wire to the oil temp gauge which I presume is to the temp sender. This appears to be an earth from my tests.

Now the Autogauge temp gauge can be bridged off the boost gauge so powers up fine its just the temp sensor I need to sort out. Ive tried wiring it into the earth and the black and yellow wire and got nothing but Id like to try and use the factory fitted temp sensor and not the one with the Autogauge to save hassle.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can wire this up with the existing temp sensor? If not I think Im going to use a sump plug adaptor so I can try and keep the car as standard as possible. What size is the sump nut?

Any help would be great..

Cheers

Tom

tomxt99

Hmmm was hoping someone on here would have done something similar to theirs.. May just look at putting the temp sensor in the sump plug using an adaptor.

Anyone know the size of the sump nut?

Tom

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members