ibiza cupra tdi buying advise

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
hello, i have just recently sold my fabia vrs and today came across a 04 ibiza cupra tdi for sale with 27k miles. looks immaculate but whats im unsure about is that it has had 4 or 5prev owners, cant remember if current owner is 5th and 4 prev or he is the 4th. he hasownedthecar for roughly 7 months. there is no service stamp in the book for 2006 & 07. he has the mot certs to proove mileage and the other services thats done. it also has not hade tining belt replaced as he thought it was to be replaced at 60k but the car isover 4 years old. he has said he will drop the price to componsate for that. is there anything that i should lok for when i go to view the car tomorrow? and what are your thoughts about this car?
any advisewill bmuch apreaciat.
thanks

Jun 24, 2007
durham
Having four owners and so little millage seams very strange, what i would be concerned about is why is everyone wanting to sell this car . Iwould check all the documents for the milage and just look for general wear on the gear stick pedals and steering wheel too that would sugest more miles than clocked

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
Having four owners and so little millage seams very strange, what i would be concerned about is why is everyone wanting to sell this car . Iwould check all the documents for the milage and just look for general wear on the gear stick pedals and steering wheel too that would sugest more miles than clocked

thanks.
thats what is worrying me. the mileage seems geanuine as it still has the original as he has the mot certs and most of the service history. theres a couple of mots which the car only did around 3k a year! i will be able to tell if the mileage is geanuine when i see the car but im still anxcious why all owners didnt cover many miles. maybe there was something wrong and they just sold it on! the car is totally standard so i pressume its not been tampered with!:confused:

Jun 24, 2007
durham
thanks.
thats what is worrying me. the mileage seems geanuine as it still has the original as he has the mot certs and most of the service history. theres a couple of mots which the car only did around 3k a year! i will be able to tell if the mileage is geanuine when i see the car but im still anxcious why all owners didnt cover many miles. maybe there was something wrong and they just sold it on! the car is totally standard so i pressume its not been tampered with!:confused:

i would prob walk away now you can get mots to say what you want if you no the right people , there will be better out there if you keep looking. 3k a year is stupidly low

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
i would prob walk away now you can get mots to say what you want if you no the right people , there will be better out there if you keep looking. 3k a year is stupidly low

i think you are right.
thanks for the comments guys, much appreaciated.
the car is advertised on pistonheads.
only other reason for so many owners that i can think of is possibly the dealers was 1st owner then maybe a moved through members of a family and one of those owners didnt cover much miles at all!!
is there a way of finding out dates when the car changed ownership from the first to present?

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
i have just done a free vehicle (will get the proper one done if i decide to go and view, which is not likely at the mo lol) check on 3 different websites and it comes up as ibiza cupra T. thought this was the petrol version! then on one of them it actually said it was petrol, and 5 speed manual:confused:
oh the reg is GM04 GJG if anyone can check it out.
thanks

Last edited:

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
i have just done a free vehicle (will get the proper one done if i decide to go and view, which is not likely at the mo lol) check on 3 different websites and it comes up as ibiza cupra T. thought this was the petrol version! then on one of them it actually said it was petrol, and 5 speed manual:confused:
oh the reg is GM04 GJG if anyone can check it out.
thanks

These guys have it as a diesel.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Ev...ework.internal.refresh&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry

If its this one, then it does look a tidy car. Personally i wouldnt buy any car without FSH.
http://pistonheads.com/sales/1487832.htm

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
These guys have it as a diesel.

great, thanks for that. i know its bugging me i just cant decide lol. im not sure if its 1 or 2 stamps missing in the book as he said 06/07! he didnt own the car then so cant shed any light to it. got the price down to £5,800 due to the cambelt neeed replacing and the missing service stamp ect, so its a good deal IF the car is sound. otherwise its not.

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
well, i didnt go to view the car today, need more time to think about this. i found a website to check the mot's. its great, you can see if the car failed an mot and cause of the failure ect.
i also rang up the dvla to see if they would tell me the dates when the car changed owners throughout its life but they couldnt tell me over the phone, i had to write them a letter and allow up to 20 days for a reply! so thats no use lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.