Ibiza Exhaust system Info Wanted..

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
I'm changing my exhaust from the twin DTM upswept to a Titanium 4.5" APC one from America - But while im at it, is it worth getting it straight piped from the CAT back (isn't in for NCT for another year and a bit, hence no need for emmisions testings) or from the flex back?

Or just removing the center box and having it straight piped? Not to sure about exhaust system on Ibiza's so if anyone has done anything like this then any info is appriciated... Would be happy with a raspy sound, other than the grunt it gives now... fancy a change..

Nothing TOO loud, but raspy enough if it's low gear high revs kinda thing.. but quiet enough on low revs, high gearing..(ie motorway journeys being quiet enough)

And, if it ever comes to it, is the centerbox/CAT easy to put back by any decent mechanicley minded welder if Mr Copper thinks it's to loud? Not that I would really care what Mr Copper says :funk: :bleh:

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
surcalation said:
Have you not thought of goin to an exhaust place over there like Powerflow?

They could probably do you a replaceable cat section which you just switch over come mot and fit your cat back on if you get me.

Dont have powerflow here - Was just going to get my mechanic to take out the CAT or centerbox (which ever), and weld inpace a straight pipe...

Else, get a straight pipe from the FLEX? What's the best bet to do from either:

Straight pipe from FLEX
Straight pipe from CAT
Straight pipe from Centerbox

Forgive me for my ignorance if the FLEX is actually the CAT (unsure about that one)

GTI 16v

Hi there I have a 20vt full exhaust system mk3, it gives a nice burble but not silly loud from the twin exit chrome tail pipes. Its the proper original equipment and should last long. It has done roughly 19k and is in good condition. It will fit on mk2 Ibizas. I am selling for around 70 pounds.

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
GTI 16v said:
Hi there I have a 20vt full exhaust system mk3, it gives a nice burble but not silly loud from the twin exit chrome tail pipes. Its the proper original equipment and should last long. It has done roughly 19k and is in good condition. It will fit on mk2 Ibizas. I am selling for around 70 pounds.

Ahh if only I would have got it done later.. Got it done today, havn't heard the rasp off it yet... Picking her up tomorow eve. The system is 2.5" - goes from the cat-back, to a 4.5" Titanium backbox. Should give me a eenie bit more go and sound a little throatier. Must get a custom induction kit now.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.